24

The next day, Taehyung kissed his husband and son goodbye outside the gates of their home while a car waited to take him to the airport.

It was early morning and he was going out of the country to cover for a colleague who had fallen ill at the start of a photo shoot. He will be away for a week. He turned to Jungkook who stood next to Jin.

"Jungkook, keep an eye on my precious boys for me. I'm trusting you to keep them safe," he said.

Jungkook was going to stay in Taehyung's and Jin's home while Taehyung was gone. His best friend had asked him for this favour at breakfast and he had quickly agreed.

Taehyung had told him that he didn't like leaving Jin home alone whenever he went out of town, and now that they have a child and another on the way, it made him even more anxious.

"I will, Tae. I promise," said Jungkook as he let Taehyung hug him.

Now that he was convinced he was by his Jinnie's side again, Jungkook would do anything to keep him safe.

"Tae," Jin whined. "You're too protective. I'm a grown man. I can take care of myself and our babies."

Taehyung cupped his husband's face tenderly and rested his forehead against the other.

"Jin, my love, I almost lost you before I even got to know you. Just let me protect what's most precious and valuable to me," he said.

"Fine, but you have to bring back two snow globes instead of one this time if you want to sleep in our bed again when you get back."

"Anything for my baby," Taehyung chuckled as he pulled Jin in for another kiss.

Jungkook's fists clenched as he watched the couple before him. He could hear Taehyung humming contentedly as he pulled his husband closer and deepened the kiss. He wanted to pull Jin back, and rip both of Taehyung's arms off for touching him. He realised he was being irrational but he couldn't help it.

"Pardon the interruption, sir, but we have to leave now or we will be late," the driver said apologetically as he bowed to Taehyung.

"It's alright, Hiro. No need to apologise," Taehyung smiled.

He gave Jin another quick kiss on the lips, a kiss on his son's forehead, and another hug to Jungkook before he got into the back seat and the car drove away.

Jin sighed and closed the gate. He bent to pick up his son but Jungkook beat him to it and lifted Minjoon in his arms and up onto his shoulders. The little boy giggled happily and clapped his little hands, causing his parent to smile as they walked back into the house.