Chapter 27.

The Hemmings were really nice people. Last night, I met Luke's cousin, who happens to be my room mate, Charlie. She's a 14-year old girl, who appears a little badass, but is actually nice. Her parents were flying to Perth with some relatives that she doesn't really get along with. So she decided to just stay here.

"You're Luke's girlfriend right?" She asked, after introducing herself. "I see you online. You look better in person."

"Uh, thanks." I said, awkwardly. The aura in the room was really awkward, because it appears that none of us are really good in starting or keeping up conversations. But I had to at least try. "Do you like the band?"

She rolled her eyes. "They're fine. I like their music. But, honestly, let's not talk about them. I wanna' get to know you."

"Alright, then." I sighed. If I'm gonna' stay here, might as well make some friends. So I told her basic facts about myself. My life here in Australia before, my life in L.A. now. She's a bit nosy on how Luke and I met, and she keeps on asking questions about Ashton. Actually, she asked about him too much that I decided to ask her about it.

"You like Ashton, don't you?" I teased, after telling her the story of the whole plane ride to L.A. "Not exactly legitimately 'like,' but you have a crush on him?"

The colors rushed to Charlie's cheeks. "What, no! What makes you think so?"

I rolled my eyes at her. In my 18 years of existence, I've seen too much of girls crushing on guys. I can tell when I see one. "Well, duh! You keep on asking about him. Nonstop."

She was silent for a moment, just looking at me. "Okay, fine. Yes. I have a slight crush on him." She exhaled. "But it's just because he's so sweet, and kind. He's like an angel, honestly. And he's just so hot when he plays the drums, oh my God. He's wonderful. I guess I'm one of those who you'd call 'Ashton girls.'"

"I knew it." I laughed. Everything Charlie said is undeniable about Ashton. "Don't be shy. Ash is a babe, I'm telling you. But don't tell Luke I said that."

"He's not really the jealous type, is he?" Charlie asked, and I said "Not really, no. He's mostly awkward."

She laughed. After she regained her composure, she told me, "You know, I thought you're one of those girlfriends who just like their boyfriends because they're rockstars or to gain the fame. I mean, I see you on twitter, looking all fab and pretty. But I guess I'm wrong. You seem great, Sydny. It's nice meeting you."

I didn't know what to say at first. Not everyone can say their honest impression about you in your face, but Charlie didn't look like she's having trouble with it. I like that about her. "I really don't feel that 'fab and pretty' as you say, but thanks. And you're awesome too, so yeah. I'm glad we're room mates, even if it's just for a couple of days."

Charlie just gave me a genuine smile, before going to bed.

The next day, some time after lunch, Luke and I decided to go out. Liz got us off the hook of doing today's house chores, thank God, and assigned us to the groceries instead. She gave us the list, and said she needs to have them all before 7. So, since, it's just about 1: 30 in the afternoon, Luke and I still have hours to kill.

We walked down the streets, not really having a specific place to go. Luke was humming tunes from his favorite bands, as usual. He was staring staright ahead, his blue eyes piercing the horizon. Looking at him, I suddenly felt thankful to have him beside me, right here, right now. If I was back there in L.A., I'd probably be sad whenever I think of him. There is nowhere else in this world I'd rather be than here, with Luke.

I took a deep breath, disposing myself of the dramatic feelings. "So, where do we go?"

The streets weren't exactly packed. But they weren't empty either. People come and go stores, probably preparing for tonight.