Chapter 52

Hi! Sorry for that cliffhanger. I might have accidentally-on-purpose hit the publisht button. I'm sorry.

Anyway... What do you think of the new cover? I was getting sick of the old one lol. I'm trying to achieve uniform covers for my books so yeah.

Speaking of which, I have published the prologue of my Calum Fanfic! Yay! It's called Play Pretend and I hope you guys would try reading it. It's a lot lighter than this one... I think. I really enjoyed writing it lol.

Anyway, thank you for your support. I love you all so much!!! xxx

.
.
.

Luke's POV

"Luke, stop being so sad. It's Christmas!" My brother called over from the grill.

I was sitting at one of those foldable chairs, staring at the bonfire. My family decided to have a grillout for Christmas Eve just to go against tradition.

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since I last heard of Sydny, and yes, the last time I heard from her was when she left that damn note. I took it out from my pocket at once, running my fingers over her handwriting. It's always been in my pocket since then. I'm just afraid it will be the last thing that I'd ever get from her as much as I hate to think that way.

I've been running out of my mind thinking what the hell was she thinking. I don't know where she is. I have no idea how she is doing. Hell, I don't even know how she managed to get away without anyone knowing. Even her friends don't. She's cut off connection completely. Melissa had been crying loads. Andy and Michael have been trying to comfort her but I can't blame her. Now, she's here in Sydney, off to meet Michael's family for the holidays.

The memory of bringing Sydny home with me this time last year pierces through me. Everyone loved her here.
Somehow, she manages to make things look perfect despite its flaws. Her smile can brighten things up and that's just what I need to see right now. Fuck, everything hurts.

"Honey, come on." Mum said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I close my hand around the note hastily and put it back in my pocket. "You've been quiet ever since you got here. Is there any problem?"

Yes. A lot. I thought. But I just shook my head. They don't know. Of course, they don't know about Sydny. What should I say? There's no point in burdening them with my own problems anymore.

I arrived from L.A. the day before yesterday at midnight, I think. There wasn't really much chance to talk since I spent the whole of yesterday sleeping.

"Well, celebrate with us then. I'm worried about you." She said, touching the side of my cheek.

I smiled. "I'm fine, Mum. Really."

"Are you sure?" She asked.

I nodded. "Although, I think I'm just gonna' take a nap. Still jetlagged and all."

Mum nodded understandingly. Ever since I went touring, she lets me sleep a lot. Not that I'm complaining. It jut felt weird to me. She used to be strict about that stuff, shouting at me and my brothers to get of our asses and start helping out in the chores.

So I went upstairs to my room. I wasn't really feeling sleepy. I just don't want to be down there with all those people expecting me to live up to the occasion. It's wearing me down.

Once I propped down my bed, I pulled the note out from my pocket again.

I love you, goodbye.