Chapter 34

It was Saturday friendly-date night with Nick, which I was sure I told no one of.

Anyway, Nick came by at my flat at 7:30. He was wearing something that was slightly out of character, but he looked hot. Nick usually wear flannels and statement shirts, but today he was wearing a sort of dark blue button down.

"Wow." I said, looking at him. "I didn't know we were supposed to dress up fancily."

Nick laughed. "You mean, that isn't fancy?"

I didn't put much effort on my outfit. It's the normal black dress with sleeves that ends just above my elbows. I wore a long necklace to have something in the chest part.

"No." I frowned. "This is casual!"

"Well, this is casual." He said, referring at his clothes.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, whatever."

"Yeah, whatever." He rolled his eyes mockingly. "I'm just kidding. Let's go."

.

Surprisingly, Nick has a car.

"Is this your car?" I asked, as he opened the door for me.

"No. I stole it from my neighbor." He said casually, and closed my door. When he sat at the driver's seat, I glared at him. He grinned. "No. This is mine."

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Nowhere special." He shrugged. "I'm not as rich as your ex, but I'll see what I can give."

As rich as my ex? My EX? Why does it feel weird to hear he's my ex?

"Uh, actually on our first date, we had pizza. And we were chased by cops." I said, laughing at the memory. Those were the times when I was just going out with Luke to try and see where this might go. And well, it went far.

"You were?" Nick said, his tone disbelieving. "Well, that's awesome."

I nodded. "It is. Guess who rescued us from the cops."

"Who?"

"The girl he cheated on me with." I said bitterly. I didn't mean to put so much venom in thise words but it came out that way.

Nick was silent for a moment.

"I'm sorry." I muttered. I keep killing the vibe.

He just smiled. "It's okay. We're just on a friendly date so you can stop worrying if I'm gonna cheat on you with the waitress in the future."

"What if it's a waiter?"

"I'll definitely cheat on you with a hot waiter." Nick said.

I laughed.

We fell silent for a while. But it was fine. It gave me the space to think. What's not fine is that I'm thinking of the things I'm not supposed to be thinking of.

Note to self: Stop opening topics about Luke. It's not good for your health.

After a while, my phone was ringing. It was Melissa. I turned it off, but she just called again.

"Who is it?" Nick asked.

"Melissa," I said. It felt rude to just answer someone's phone call when you're in a date, even if it's friendly.

"Your other friend?" He said. "Answer it."

I did. "Hey, I'm sorry." I said.

"Where are you?" She asked. "You didn't even come last night!!!"