Chapter 41.

Back in L.A. and nothing really changed. It's been three days since we all got back. Andy and Melissa brought home some souvenirs from Berlin and New York. I gave them some Australian gifts too.

Andy met this guy who he thought was kinda' cute and is bisexual. But he says he sucks at long-distamce so he didn't even try to get to know the dude all that well. Damn.

Melissa says New York is busy. Like everyone is always working and working. The streets are always filled wih people going to places. And it was colder there.

The two of them have a lot of stories to tell. I don't have that much. I just told them about Lei and Charlie and some of the things I did in Australia. It's not like there are a lot of things I could do there. I mean, I have spent 17 years of my existence there.

However, the two of them heard stories about me. From who? Michael, of course.

Yesterday, I have been meaning to tell them about the coincidence in the flight. But before I had the chance to be alone with them, they took me straight home after school and texted Nick to not come over because it's a girl's night out.

"So, what's this things we heard about you and Luke being seatmates on the flight?" Melissa said, raising an eyebrow.

I was like, "Oh, shit."

Well, of course, Michael told her. He tells her everything...

I tried to explain how it happened. Starting from when Charlie told me that they were also in Sydney, until the part where we said goodbye. I excluded the part where I became impulsive and I hugged Luke. But Andy still asked about it.

"Why do I see photos of you and Luke hugging on twitter?" Andy smirked.

"Oh, that was.. psh. That was nothing." I waved it off.

They raised an eyebrow, obviously not believing me.

I groaned. "Okay, fine. I hugged him before leaving."

"You? You did?" Andy laughed. I nodded, looking down on my hands.

"Why?" Melissa giggled.

My eyebrows furrowed. What am I supposed to say? "Well, I.. I don't know! It just felt like the right thing to do!" I said. "It's too awkward just watching him walk away without doing anything."

"Oh?" Andy laughed again. "Goddamn. You should really be thankful Nick isn't here."

I scrunched my nose. "Not really. If he was here, we won't be talking about this."

"But he isn't." Melissa smirked. "So you aren't safe. Besides, whatever you're hiding, we'll find out about it soon. As usual."

I rolled my eyes at them. "Of course you would."

"So spill." Andy said.

"What? That's all that happened." I said.

Melissa frowned. Of course they won't believe me just as Calum did. "It's been a whole 13 fucking hours. You didn't even talk?"

I rolled my eyes. "We talked, of course. But like.. just about life. We didn't talk about anything interesting."

"Like what???"

"Just about how we are now. My studies. Their tour. We spent more than half of it sleeping, I swear. It was supposed to be nighttime at Sydney during the whole of the flight so, all we did was sleep." I shrugged.

Both of them groaned.

"What is it about you and Luke?" Andy asked.

"Guys. Move on!" I said. "We're honestly just friends now. Nothing more."