Chapter 24.

I'VE CHANGED THIS CHAPTER 3 TIMES HOLY SHIT

.

4 days after the band left. I don't know why but I still feel a bit empty. It's just not the same without them.

Anyway, I was lying in my bed for an hour and a half. It's nearly 9PM, and all I did since I got home from school was listen to sad music. I have this playlist on my phone where I compiled everything that sounds sad. At the moment, it's playing Close As Strangers, which really isn't helping the situation.

I've been staring at the ceiling for a really long time. My eyes are starting to hurt. Flashes of my times with Luke keep on popping into my mind in time with the lyrics of the songs. It's annoying actually.

When I finally decided to get something to eat, my phone rang, disrupting the music.

Luke's face flashed on the screen. I answered immediately.

"Hey..." Luke's voice rang through my ears, sending chills all over my body. His morning voice is 10x hotter than his normal voice, like that isn't hot enough. God help me. It feels like forever since I've heard it in real life.

"Hi." I answered, my voice sounding different. I haven't used it for nearly two hours. "Why are you up? It's like 5AM right there."

"I woke up to go to the bathroom... Now I can't sleep. Are you okay?" Luke asked. "You sound different."

"You're seriously asking if I'm okay?" I laughed. "Of course... Not."

"Aw, babe. Don't be sad." He knows I'm still not over him leaving, and everyday he keeps on reminding me that it's okay and to stop upsetting myself.

"I can't always help it, Luke." I groaned. "You know, I've been lying on my bed for nearly two hours and listening to sad music."

"Why are you listening to sad music? That'll just make you more upset."

"Maybe you've turned me into a massochist..." I said jokingly.

Luke just laughed. After a while, he said "I miss you... A lot."

"Yeah, you don't have a handy Sydny in London, do you?" I joked. "It comes in limited edition."

"Actually, I think there's only one Sydny in the whole world." Luke said. "And I'm so fucking lucky to have her."

I smiled, my eyes welling up with tears. I didn't know what to say. Luke isn't usually a guy of words. He's mostly just awkward. But when he is, his words will melt you like cheese.

When I didn't reply, Luke said "Hey. You there?"

"Y-yeah." I said, the tears escaping. "I'm sorry."

"Are you crying?" Luke asked, his voice suddenly filled with concern. "Please don't cry."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I sobbed, trying to wipe the tears from my eyes.

Luke sighed. "Why do you do this to me?"

"What?" I asked.

"You just make it so hard..." Luke grumbled. "I don't usually wake up thinking of someone, and feel like I need to call them just to make sure they're okay. Not even my mom, geez. Then you'll make me feel like shit for leaving you in L. A. even when I'm not the one who planned this. And then you'll cry on the phone and make me want to punch myself for not being there to comfort you. You... You drive me crazy, Sydny. Why do you do this to me?!"

I laughed through the tears. "So, it's my fault?"

"Well, duh.." Luke said.

"You know I hate how I can't kiss you right now, because I really want to." I said.