Chapter 16.

~

"So are you gonna' pick me up at the airport tomorrow?" Luke's voice ringing through my phone's speakers.

They're somewhere in Europe right now. It's the last day of their 5COUNTRIES5DAYS Tour.

"Um, no." I said, taking an apple from the fruit basket and taking a bite. "You're turning 18. You should know how to get home by yourself." I teased.

I could imagine Luke rolling his eyes right now. "Come on, Sydny. The airport isn't even that far away from your flat." Luke groaned. "Please pick me up."

"Wait," I said, swallowing the apple in my mouth. "Pick you up? What about the others?"

"They have a--" Luke yawned, which caused me to yawn too. It's contagious. "--a van." He's probably tired since it's almost 2 am there.

"A van? Then why don't you just go with them?" I questioned. Luke is acting like a 5-year old again.

Someone shouted at the end of the line. "Luke! It's band meeting. No phone calls, right?"

"Just a sec." Luke's faint voice said.

"Band meeting? Really, Luke?" I sighed. "Why are you calling me right now? Look, I'm gonna hang up. You need to get back to y--"

"No. No, wait. Don't hang up yet!" Luke said, his voice frantic. "Please, please come to the airport tomorrow."

I groaned. "Why?? Your fans are gonna' be there. They want to meet you! I don't want to share the attention you'll give them. You know.."

"But I want to see you."

I rolled my eyes. "There's a lot of time to see each other, Luke. I'll come by your house tomorrow."

Luke sighed. "Fine. You promise?"

A smile grew on my face. He sounds like my 4-year old cousin back in Australia. "Yeah. I promise."

.

.

I checked the clock. It's just 5:45. My classes ended at 3 today. So there's really nothing to do.

I decided to call Melissa and Andy. They went to have some Chinese food. I didn't wanna go with them because I don't really like Chinese food. After the fourth ring, it went to voice mail. They must have watched a movie together or something.

God, it's so boring without the boys. I guess I'm just used to hanging out with them.

"Oh, well, Sydny." I muttered to myself. "This is what you get when you don't like to make so many friends."

So after some long minutes of staring at my ceiling, I decided to just go out.

As I was walking down the sidewalk, my phone buzzed. It's a text message from Luke.

flight leaves @ 4 am here. will be there by 8am. did the math myself lol. cnt wait to see u. xx

I smiled to myself. Luke keeps me updated on their tour, I honestly don't know why. I already told him he doesn't need to do it but he said he wants to. So.. Yeah.

I replied to his text.

wait to go, einstein. cant wait to see you guys too. be safe. xoxo

A minute later, my phone buzzed again.

dont tell me what to do. haha jst kidding. goodnight syd.

Syd. I rolled my eyes. I seriously hate that.