Chapter 20.

Sydny's POV

All the drama from last night was long gone. Thank God. Well, at least until Melissa barges into my flat with bloodshot eyes.

"Sydny." She said, and ran straight into my arms. She buried her face at my shoulder, kind of the same way how I buried mine on Luke's. "Why now?" She sobbed.

For a second, I cant think of anything that will make her feel better. How can I, when I don't feel that good, myself? So I just said whatever came into my mind.

"I know, right? I guess love wasn't always meant to be fair." I sighed. "But we just have to go out there and deal with it. It's just a matter of choice..."

Melissa sobbed even harder. "It just... It's so hard to think that when we're finally together, we would be apart."

I managed a sly laugh. "Luke and I are, too."

She dettached herself from me and looked at me. "What?"

I nodded.

Melissa laughed as well. "It seems like yesterday... Well, it is just yesterday, you were going on about how things between you two are complicated, and now you're together?!"

"Well, I couldn't afford to lose the time..." Lame excuse. But it's true.

Melissa sighed. Somehow, her sobbing stopped. She sat on my couch and stared into nothingness. The aura in the room seemed so heavy.

"So when did Michael tell you?" I asked.

Melissa shrugged. "Just this morning. He slept over... He was trying to comfort me, and I kind of asked for a minute away. And now, Im here."

"What? Didn't you tell him where you're going?" I don't know how Melissa deals with the fact that he's already sleeping next to her boyfriend of two days. Well, they've slept together before that anyway.

"I did."

Before either of us could say a thing, someone knocked on my door.

"I'll get it." I said.

I opened the door... "Good Morning, babe."

Suddenly, the world seemed to brighten... Well, okay. That was too romantic.

"Hey." I smiled. "What are you doing here?"

He shrugged. "I came with friends."

Michael, Calum, and Ashton all showed up behind Luke. "Is Mel in there?" Michael asked, his eyes sad.

I nodded. "Come in, guys."

The three boys went inside. Luke stayed with me by the door.

"Soooo what brought you here this early? I feel like it's really important because if not,  you'd all still be sleeping right now." I said.

"Yeah." Luke laughed. "I was planning to have a day with you since it's our first day together..." He winked.

I looked down, trying to hide all the blood that rushed to my face.

"But apparently, the boys have a different idea... So let's join them."

Before he could walk away, I grabbed him by his arm. "Wait, Luke. You told them already?"

Luke looked at me. "Yeah, last night. When I got home..."

"Ohh cool. I just told Melissa this morning." I said. Luke left at 12 last night. I told him he could stay but the boys had called him for a band meeting, so I let him go.

Luke walked over to me and looked at me deeply. "I still can't believe you're mine." He said in a voice that's barely a whisper.

I tried to hide my blushing face once again, but Luke kind of closed the gap between us and kissed me briefly.