Chapter 39

2 weeks after

Okay so, everytime that I go back to my hometown, it was never for my own pleasure. Either it was because I could spend more time with special people, or because of other obligations. However, everytime I do go back here, it always brings me something wonderful.

Apparently, the school has sent me to one of the most prestigious universities here in Australia that offers quality cosmetology courses. And ever since I went back, I have been meeting a lot of people who are well-known in this industry. Everything seems so surreal.

Although, it's a bit weird. It's like seeing my two different worlds collide again. Ever since I have gone to L.A., I felt like my childhood and my early teenage years was a whole lifetime ago. It's just two completely different things. Two completely different Sydnys. Two completely different lives. And doing my L.A. shit in Australia is kinda' mindblowing for me.

Anyway, I am currently residing at a building owned by the university, and is used for dorms. It is just like 15 minutes away from my home here, which makes me feel very very nostalgic. Way to go. I have a room mate whose name is Lei. She seriously doesn't even talk to me... or anyone else, for that matter. Her space in our room looks uhh... like gothic minimalist or something. Everytime she's on our room, she's always on her phone or laptop with her headphones on. If you could imagine the scene of Becca and her room mate at Pitch Perfect, then you're getting an idea of how this looks like.

So...

Right now, since all I have to do here in Sydney was to research and study, and I only need to attend about 8 classes a week, I have loads of times to myself. Just like now. I'm hanging out in one of my mum's and my favorite cafes here around Sydney.

I remember wanting to bring Luke here during Christmas, but we didn't have much time.

Anyway, it's almost 5 in the afternoon here. So that means it's probably 1 in the afternoon in L.A., and that's why Nick was already calling me through FaceTime.

I answered immediately.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hiiii!!" Nick beamed. I could tell he was just at his apartment. "Wow. Where are you?"

"One of my favorite cafes around town." I said.

"Oh. How are you?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Good. Still doing fine. I was actually much busier there than I am here. All I do here was take lectures and interview people and visit libraries and surf the net and be nostalgic about my past life."

Nick chuckled. "Past life. You talk about your childhood as if it's from anither lifetime."

"Because that's how it feels." I sighed. "Anyway, how are you?"

"Uhh.. still alive." He shrugged.

I decided to tease him. I kinda' miss Nick. He's always the one I hang out with besides Melissa and Andy. "Your life must be so damn boring without me." I teased.

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, cause I have nothing to do without you." He said sarcastically. "Oh, Sydny, come back now. I'm dying of boredom." He said, exaggerating.

I laughed. "Fine. You don't miss me." I fake-pouted.

Nick laughed as well. "Of course, I miss you. Your face is the only face I see nearly 24 hours a day for the past months."

"Yeah, I kinda' miss you too." I smiled looking down. "And also Andy, and Melissa, and L.A., and my flat."

"Damn. I can't believe I'm competing with your flat for your attention." He joked.