Chapter 12.

Sydny's POV

"So you're saying that Luke didn't plan anything for that night?" Melissa frowned.

She and I were jogging around the streets of L.A. She asked me to recall the stuffs of last night's events.

I nodded.

"And... you liked that fact?"

I looked at her, her chocolate hair bouncing from her ponytail. "Well, I think I like how that turned out."

Melissa nodded in satisfaction. "For me, I'd rather have the guy say 'I've got everything planned for us.' than 'You choose.'" she explained. "I mean, not that I don't like superiority. Every woman wants that... I think? It's just-- I don't know. I think the guy should be the one deciding on those stuffs. You know what I mean? Surprises and shit."

"Yeah. Yeah I get it." I said, staring down as we jog.

"But don't get me wrong, Sydny." Melissa added, her voice a little alarmed. "Luke sounds like a really nice guy. He seems sweet. I don't want to get in your way. I'm just saying. It's from my point of view don't worry." She smiled.

Suddenly, I had an idea. "Hey, why don't we invite Luke for some coffee?"

"Seriously, Sydny? You two just saw each other last night!" Melissa pointed out.

"No. I mean, yes. I mean..." I sighed. "I want you to meet him!"

We turned around the corner. This is the street where Melissa's building is. We left our stuffs on her flat before we went jogging around.

"Yeah, sure." Melissa nodded. "It's not everyday I meet a boyband member."

"Okay, I'll text him as soon as we get to your flat." I laughed. "Oh, and by the way... It's band. Not boyband."

She just rolled her eyes.

.

We reached Melissa's flat a couple of minutes later. I was just wearing a simple black shorts with a matching sports bra. So I put on this matching jacket that I bought along with my outifit, to cover what was uncovered of my upper body. I was quicker to retrieve all my stuffs than Melissa, so I texted Luke while waiting for her.

A couple of seconds later, my phone rang. It was Luke.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Sydny." Luke's voice spoke.

"Hi." I smiled, even though I know he couldn't see it.

"Starbucks in 15?" Luke asked. I said sure. Then he said, "Hey, I was wondering if I could bring Michael with me. Ash and Cal are going to the mall to buy some stuffs, and I was supposed to be with him here and play that FIFA game. But then you texted me for coffee, so he said he doesn't want to be alone."

"Yes, of course!" I said, excitement creeping onto my voice. "We could like set them up together, Michael and Melissa. Is Michael dating someone?"

"Nope. And I think that's a great idea!" Luke exclaimed. "Michael could use some time away from the computer screen, and the game console. He's been spending way too much time on video games."

"Great! So, see you guys in 15?"

"Uh huh." he said. "I missed you."

"Oh shut up. It hasn't even been 24 hours. Bye."

Luke laughed. "Okay. Bye."

Right after we hung up, I heard some crashing on Melissa's room. "Ohmygod. MELISSA? ARE YOU OKAY?" I called out.