Chapter 29.

It has been a month and a half since I last saw the boys. A month since their tour has ended. And about three days since they arrived at L.A. from Sydney. And in those three days, I haven't seen even one of the boys. Including Luke.

The last time I saw him was the same night I first saw him in London. Yes, he slept in my hotel room. But I woke up with nothing beside me, except for a note from him.

"Had to meet with the band. Sorry, Syd. Love you!

Luke x :-)))"

Late that night, we were busy because the show we were in started at 9PM. The next afternoon, we had to finally go home. We didn't even get to say good bye to the band.

So now, it's beginning to feel sad and weird. It hurts to have them so close but you can't really be with them because they're busy with their own lives. Luke barely even texts me now. Sometimes, he wouldn't even remember to do so if I haven't sent him a text.

When I talked to Melissa, she told me that she and Michael are doing fine. He still texts her and calls her. I tried not to get a bit jealous of that, but it just feels different without having the usual communication with Luke. It feels wrong. I don't want to tell him about it, because I know he's busy with songwriting and everything else. But I also wonder, is he really that filled with work that he doesn't even have time for me anymore? I mean, isn't three days too long that he didn't even take a little time to see me?

I sighed. The sun was already setting. The traffic isn't helping my mood. All I hear are cars honking and people talking. I'm so distracted right now, I don't even know where I'm going. School's over. I don't want to go home. Melissa and Andy are both busy and I'm just here... Walking down the streets. Lost but not really lost. Just a girl without a destination.

And then I bumped into someone.

I gasped. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. Not Luke Hemmings. But still looks familiar.

"I'm so sorry!" He said, holding my shoulders to steady me on my feet since he almost knocked me down.

"It's alright. I wasn't looking." I stared at him... I know this dude.

His eyebrows scrunched at me. "Excuse me, but I feel like I've seen you before."

Oh, I got it. "You were the guy from the beach!" I exclaimed. "Nate?"

He laughed. "It's Nick, actually."

"Oh, right." I bit my lip.

Now that I remember him, the thought of Luke became stronger... More painful.

"I remember now!" He said. "You were that girl who was ordering some soda at the beach with the protective boyfriend. Sydny!"

I blushed, looking down. "Yeah, that's me. He was overreacting. You saved me from that drunk man."

Nick grinned. "Well, you looked pretty scared back then. I just had to step in and help."

I giggled. "He was pretty scary! And thanks again for that, by the way."

He waved his hand. "Don't mention it."

Nick, even though with his blonde hair and blue eyes, doesn't remind me of Luke that much. His blue eyes weren't the same beautiful shade as Luke's but it's still wonderful. And his hair was a darker shade of blonde. He looks like someone who surfs and spends a lot of time on the beach. But what do I know about this guy?

"So, where's your boyfriend?" He asked.

I sighed. "He's busy."

"Too busy for you?" Nick raised an eyebrow.