Chapter 18.

Sydny's POV

So, basically, things have been weird lately. Why?

I barely see Melissa because of Michael, so I'm always with Andy. Not that I'm complaining. But you can't help but miss Melissa's quirkyness. Luke and I are being awkward. Aaaand if you're asking how can I say so?

I went over to them the other day, because Melissa invited me to go with her. Well, of course she just played some video games with Michael while Calum, Ashton, Luke, and I just sat there in the kitchen. Cal and Ash would always try to start a conversation, and whenever Luke and I would speak the same thing at the same time, everybody would be quiet. I have no idea why it's so awkward. They could've just talked about something... like their fans or plan another twitcam or something. But no. So we just stared at each other's faces half the time. Glad Melissa and Michael are having fun.

Anyway, I'm currently standing by the door of Professor Schmidt's office. Waiting for Melissa. She's asking Professor Schmidt about some stuffs about her project. And I'm right here. Awkwardly scrolling through my phone, pretending I'm texting someone.

And just as I was thinking that, my phone vibrated.

Lou Teasdale :

Hey, sydny. Can you meet me at Starbucks today? Got some important stuffs to tell ya about the research you're asking me about. Hope you can make it xxx

I smiled to myself. Thank God for Lou. I love how he still has some time to help me out, despite how busy she already is.

I replied:

Yeah, sure. :) I need to get something from my flat tho. Will be there by 6. Xxx

I left my journal in my flat. I've been writing notes and lectures on yellow pads all day!!!

After a little while, Melissa was finally done asking Professor Schimdt. She's been a bit livelier than usual. It's probably because of Michael, no doubt. I don't know what Michael did to her, but whatever it is, I should thank Michael for it. He's doing a good job of making my best friend happy.

"I never knew this course could be such a hassle." Melissa sighed.

We started walking down the hallway, and out into the campus. It's just a short walk. The building was the first one you can see when you enter the gates of the university.

"Every course is." I said, matter-of-factly. "We're actually very lucky, in terms of being busy."

"Sure, whatever, Ms. Optimistic." Melissa rolled her eyes. "Anyway, I'm heading to the mall to... Erm, buy stuffs. Do you wanna come?"

I laughed, and shook my head. We both know what she'll do in the mall. Or, who she'll meet. "You go ahead. I need to meet Lou by six. And I still need to get something from my flat."

Melissa shrugged. "Okay, then. I'll text you." She said.

"Alright. Have fun." I smiled.

"You too," she winked, and walked the other way.

I took a cab home, since I'm very tired. And i feel like my legs would feel like jelly again if I walk all the way home.

I almost fell asleep in the cab. Good thing the driver was a nice old man. He told me that he would be dropping me soon, so better not to fall asleep.

Anyway, when I was on the elevator, I thought I could text Lou, and tell her to meet me at seven. I want to take a short nap. But it all changed, when I saw who was standing there in the hallway... His back leaning against my door.