Chapter 28.

"Okay, everyone," Miss Geraldine said, as she entered the room. "I've got news for you all."

She gathered all of us in the batch in this small auditorium. Not everyone is here. There had been about a hundred in our batch who was taking cosmetology during the first day. Now, there are only about 60. A lot of them had already dropped out or switched courses.

Andy and Melissa just arrived, sitting beside me.

"Did she already say that taking cosmetology doesn't mean you'll know how to make up on yourself?" Andy snickered. He was always laughing about the way Ms. Geraldine uses make up on herself. It's always the wrong colors.

"No," I replied. "She's just getting started."

"The London Fashion week is coming up." Ms. Geraldine said. A murmur went up the crowd.

Melissa scoffed. "What the hell are we supposed to do with that? We're in L. A." She said in a low voice.

"Unfortunately for them, there are only a few makeup artists available on the scheduled date." Ms. Geraldine smirked, almost creepily. "But fortunately for us, we have been picked to fly to London to assist the head artist, due to the excellence we displayed on one of last year's major fashion events here in L.A."

Andy shrieked. "HOLY FUCK! LONDON!!!!"

The whole auditorium was buzzing.

"I know. I know..." Ms. Geraldine raised an index finger to silence the crowd. "You are all excited. But-"

Everyone took a sharp inhale of breath. Buts are always disappointments. Those little fuckers.

"-we are only allowed to bring 10 of you guys."

"AWWWWWWW," everyone said.

"But that's unfair!" Melissa groaned. "How are we supposed to know who will go?"

"You should understand that only the plane fee and hotel bill is covered by the school. All of your parties and souvenirs and other whatevers... you're going to have to spend your own money." Miss Geraldine said. "And you know London... You can't buy just one thing. It's alright to back out. There's no pressure in this. If you don't wanna go due to financial problems, then don't. There are still a lot of chances out there."

"We are so going to London, girls." Andy said, grabbing mine and Melissa's hands.

.

After classes, we went back to my flat just because we don't have anything to do or have the money to do them. We are now officially saving for London. They also decided to stay the night.

About half of the class have already backed out for the job, saying they aren't ready, there are more chances next year, they can't afford it, blah blah blah.

Andy, Melissa, and I signed up for those who they are considering to go.

"All three of us had reached the grade needed right?" Andy asked.

Melissa and I nodded.

"And you guys are fit to go to shopping?"

We nodded again.

"And you're willing, with all your damn hearts, to go to London to help out on the Fashion Week."

We nodded again, more vigorously. We look like absolute assholes like this.

"So let's do this."

Melissa grinned. "They said they're gonna text us tonight or tomorrow so we could prepare."

"Yeah." I said. "The flight is next week. We need to arrange our passports and-"

Someone's phone rung. We all screamed and searched for our phones.