Chapter 22.

"Seriously, Luke, you could've just eaten the whole Nandos. It wouldn't make much of a difference." I laughed, glaring at Luke, whose mouth was full of chicken.

He stared back at me. "Wut? Stuf lukin ut mu luyk thut." He said.

I laughed even harder. "How many days since you've last eaten?"

Luke gulped all of the food in his mouth in one swallow. "Last night. I didn't have breakfast."

"Oh, God. That's gross." I handed him some tissue. "Why didn't you have breakfast?! You should always have breakfast!"

"I went straight to you after fixing myself." Luke explained, taking a deep sigh and slumping on his seat. His plate was empty and clean. Only the remains of chicken bones are left.

I rolled my eyes. "That's not a proper excuse. You could've had lunch before-- you got something on the edge of your lips. There-- no. Ugh. Let me." I took the table napkin from him wiping the dirt in his lip.

Luke grinned like crazy. "Now we look like couples in the movies."

I laughed. "Whatever. Why don't you hurry up, i have classes this afternoon."

Luke wiped his mouth one more time, then frowned. "Aw. I was supposed to spend the day with you."

"Too bad." I sighed, getting up. "Come on."

We went back to my flat. My classes dont start until 2, and the school's just a five minutes from here if you take a cab. Besides, it's only 11:32.

Luke went straight to my bed and lied down. He groaned "I'VE EATEN TOO MUCH."

I laughed. "Wow. I'm glad you noticed."

He held up his arms, inviting me. I threw off my shoe and placed them under my bed before climbing in. I just sat there in an indian sit, facing Luke. I didn't wanna lie down yet since I also feel a bit full. I feel like I'll end up throwing up after I do so. So I just planted a small kiss on Luke's lips.

"Your lips tastes like Nandos..." I grinned.

Luke laughed, then groaned again. "God. I'm tired."

"Take a nap. I'll just--"

"No. Take a nap with me." Luke said, his eyes half-closed. "You still have two hours to kill. I'll take you to your class."

I thought about it. It wouldn't be hard to go to my school. And I could use some nap too. I just sat there for 5 minutes, partly because I'm waiting for the food to go down. But mostly because I might consider Luke's request.

"So..?" He said, after a couple minutes.

"Alright. I could use a little nap." I sighed, and positioned myself beside Luke. I layed down with my back facing him, so he shifted a little bit so he could cuddle.

He wrapped his warm and long arms around me, our hands holding onto each other where they met right just above my stomach. I could feel Luke's warm breathing at the back of my neck. Every nerve inside me tickles.

"Babe." He breathed at my ears.

"Yeah?" But all I heard was his slow and steady breathing.

Luke's most probably asleep already. I closed my eyes, and sleep took me right then.

"Syndy, honey." my mum said. Her lips were trembling. She's so pale. Every move she makes is painful, I could tell.

"Mum, I'm just right here." I said softly, holding her hand that's touching my face.