Chapter 53

Fair Warning:

No, I have never been to NY, and some of the places here may be real, some are completely fictional. But everything is for the sake of the story. (Alhough if someone wants to take me to NY, be my guest. Lol jk)

.
.

"Sir." A woman's voice called.

I groaned.

"Sir!" She said again. "Sir!"

My eyes shot open. Hovering above me was a brunette mid-aged woman, wearing  a full make up and a blue stewardess' beret.

I looked around me. All the seats were empty. How long was I sleeping?

"Sir, I'm afraid it's time for you to exit the plane." The flight attendant said kindly.

"Shit," I cursed, slowly getting up. My head was throbbing. I'm starving. I know my mum is upset at me for leaving even if she says she understands. I'm starting to think this isn't a good idea.

New York is busy. Even as I got out of the airport, everyone seems to be moving so fast. Someone stole a cab for me for the third freaking time. I was just raising my hands to stop a cab, and before I knew it, someone was already inside. It was also freezing, now that it's winter season. When I finally hailed a cab, I forgot that I didn't know where I was going. I mean, I know I had a destination. I just forgot what it's called. Melissa helped me book a hotel.

I showed the driver the address from what Melissa messaged me and off we go. It's weird to go about New York in a cab, alone, without the band. Ash says I should still be careful, because there are eyes watching everywhere. I was so half-minded, I nearly forgot to pay the cab. I didn't smile at the hotel staff. I didn't give a tip to the bell boy when he showed me to my room. And I could almost swear there was someone calling for me, but I didn't turn around to look. Wow shit. I almost seem like my own bodyguard.

My room was smaller than what the band and I have while touring. But it's still nice and cozy. I still love that hotel scent of clean sheets and air freshener. The view was of Central Park which looked amazing. A forest of frosted trees within a forest of frosted edifices. Firefly christmas lights were hanging on the branches of the trees. I smiled at the view. Syd would have loved this. I bet she already went here a couple of times at night just to gaze at them.

Tired, I threw my backpack inside the closet, and threw myself on the bed. Holy shit, my ass is sore from all the sitting on the plane, but my back. Oh my back is shouting with glee. It's the 29th of December when I left Australia. I sat in the plane for about 23 hours more or less, and when I arrived, it's still the 29th of December. 7 PM.

I took my phone out of my pocket, rereading Syd's message again. It still has the "read" banner but nothing else.

Now that I'm here, I realized I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do. I don't know how to navigate my way into this city. I don't know anyone. How am I supposed to find Sydny in this sea of people?

My phone buzzed.

Calum: How u doin?

Is it just me or did that sound like Joey Tribbiani?

Me: Here in NY

Calum: U ok?

Me: fine.