Chapter 50

FUCKING HELL THIS CHAPTER IS KILLING ME
Ok bye
.
.
Calum's POV

"She was.. nice." I said, can't stop myself from chuckling. The boys were asking me about Kailey, Bry's friend, who just went home a coupld of twenty minutes ago.

"Dude, 'nice' wouldn't suffice for what I heard through my walls last night." Ashton pointed out. Then he and Michael started doing these weird and sexual gestures.

I made a face. "Cut it out. You look fucking gross."

Michael laughed. "Now, now, Calum. That's not how you're supposed to be acting after getting laid."

"Yes, and I refuse to accept that it was 'nice.'" Ashton said, making imaginary quotation marks in the air with his fingers.

"Fuck you, you know." I said, then shrugged. "It was amazing. But nothing I didn't have before."

"Woah, cowboy." Michael teased. He started making moaning sounds which is not just disturbing but also really inapproriate since we're eating hotdogs with mayonnaise.

"But do you like her?" Ashton asked. "Cause if you do, it would just be easy for Bryanna to hook you up again."

Michael laughed, high fiving me. "You are on the roll motherfucker."

"You know me." I said. "I don't hook up with someone I like on the night when we first met each other. God."

Both of them rolled their eyes.

"Besides, we've agreed never to see each other again." I shrugged.

Michael threw his sandwhich wrapper at me. "You suck."

Four years ago, the four of us would talk about things like this as if they were things that could never happen to us. But look at us, now, getting laid. HAHA. Just kidding. I love growing up with these dudes. But..

"Where the fuck is Luke again?" I asked to no one in particular.

"Probably still sleeping in his room." Ashton said. "Had a pretty tough night. Sydny left like zap. And you would have noticed if you weren't too busy licking Kailey's face."

I scoffed. "For your information, I did notice something was going on but I thought it was minimal. So, are they fighting again?"

Michael shook his head. "No, I think Sydny's fucked up right now. The other dude called her last night, that's why."

Nick. The dude from the record shop. I thought he's out of the picture, that's why Luke seemed happier lately. It sort of gave him a flicker of hope that getting Sydny back would be easier. But this doesn't sound like that at all. What's going on with Sydny?

"Well, I have to meet Melissa, so I'll be leaving now." Michael said, licking ketchup and mayonnaise from his fingers.

"Wait up," Ashton said. "I have to buy groceries. We're running short on supplies. You coming?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "I think I'll just stay and try talking to Luke."

"Alright. Good luck." Ashton said.

When the two of them left, I went upstairs to check on Luke. I slept at the guest's room last night because of Kailey. So I supposed Luke is at our room. I was reaching for the knob when I heard his voice, talking to someone.

"You just left without explaining." Luke said. He sounded very sad. "I just... I don't know what's going on, but I really want to be here for you, Syd."

Sydny. Of course.

You know, one thing I know about Luke is that if he wants something he really works hard to have it. He doesn't know when to give up, but when he does, he feels like he's what's wrong. And I hate it when that happens, because when it does, he stops functioning as the Luke Hemmings we've all grown to know and love.