Chapter 36

Honestly tho... WHY DO YOU HATE NICK? He's nice. :-(

Anyway..
.

I woke up to the pleasant sound of the waves crashing into the shores. Sleeping over at Andy's is one of the greatest things ever. I guess he got up early since his space on the bed was empty.

Melissa was still snoring beside me. She got back from the tour a week ago. Michael was kinda' sad. He wanted her to go to Europe with them, but Melissa says she wants some time in L.A.

She bought us all these shirts and bath products she stole from hotels. When she arrived, she spent a whole day in bed, all knackered. And the rest of the week, she had to catch up with all of her errands. So this is basically our only time to go to Andy's. He's still got a week of his summer class. After that, we have a lot of catching up to do together. There's only a month before classes start and I'm not ready to head back to college and lecture halls and boring professors and make up and everything else.

I did a little stretching and tied my hair up in a messy bun before finally deciding to move upstairs.

Andy, Dina, and Mrs. Collins were all huddled up in the dining table. They smiled at me and offered me coffee as I sat down.

"Melissa?" Andy asked.

"Still snoring." I shrugged, putting sugar in my coffee.

"So, Sydny.." Dina said. She's using the tone my mum used to use when we need to talk about something serious. It's making me nervous. "Andy might have accidentally dropped some news about you and Luke."

I let go of the teaspoon I was mixing my coffee with and buried my face in my hands. "Aw men." I muttered.

Dina laughed lightly. "It's okay, honey. We understand."

I sighed and continued stirring my coffee. I raised and eyebrow at Andy who just srugged and said, "What? They're persuasive."

"You already know why?" I asked hesitantly. I don't want to go over it again if they still don't.

They nodded.

"That boy looked pretty fine to me when he went here." Mrs. Collins said. "Guess he's all about the charms."

I scrunched my nose at that. "Maybe, but not really. He's a dork.. really awkward. But he does look nice, doesn't he?"

"It makes me think why would he do such a thing? You two looked so happy together." Dina said, frowning.

"That's what everyone says. And we used to be happy together. We were. But I don't know..." I stared at my coffee blankly.

Melissa woke up just then. She greeted good morning to everyone before taking a seat beside me.

"How about you and the boy with tge weird hair?" Mrs. Collins asked as soon as Melissa sat down. "You still good?"

"Grandma! His name is Michael." Andy said.

Melissa nodded. "We're fine as ever."

"Good good." Dina said. "Honestly, I thought he was the one who's gonna' break your heart, Melissa. Not Luke to Sydny."

Melissa just shrugged. "He does look like a heartbreaker."

I laughed a little.

"Maybe he is." Melissa continued. "But he's been treating my heart well, so far."

That got a lot of "awwww"s all around the room.

At least Michael is doing a super great job of making Melissa happy. He looks at her like she's the most beautiful thing in the world. She holds him like he would run away any second. But he won't. Michael is too in love with Melissa. It was wonderful.