Chapter 49.

Thanks for sticking with me. Xxx
.

.

.

Sydny's POV

Beep... beep... beep...

The first thing that came into my head was.. It hurts. Like hell.

What happened? Have I been drinking last night? I don't remember anything I've been doing. It hurts to even think.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. The brightness was blinding. This isn't helping my headache. I grew a bit more dizzy.I can't even move my freaking limbs. I'm so weak.

My sight came into focus. This isn't my room. It's white, and clean. There were flowers and fruits on a bedside table. There were wires connected to the back of my hand. Another in my nose. The constant beeping is getting more and more to my head.

Fuck. What am I doing here? What happened? Who even took me here?

Another thing.

There was someone sitting on a chair beside my bed. His or her head was lying on my bedside. I wouldn't know if he or she is a he or she because the person's wearing a hood. Although he does smell like a guy. And his hands, which by the way are resting against mine, look like it's a guy's. He has a ring on his pinky finger. That kind of gave it away.

I opened my mouth to call his name, but no sound came out. Why does everything require extra effort?

I tried lifting up my fingers to gently brush his palm, drawing small circles on it. It didn't took long before he gripped on my fingers and slowly stirred.

The bags under his eyes are more prominent than usual. It even looks as if he cried before going to sleep.

"Sydny," he said, quite alarmed. "Oh my God. You're awake. Thank God, you're awake. Are you alright? Does anything hurt?"

I tried speaking again. This time, with a bit more effort than usual, my voice came out hoarse.

"I'm fine, Luke." I smiled, strengthening my grip in his hands a bit. "W-what happened? Why am I here? Why are you here?"

He leaned in closer to me and planted a kiss on my forehead. His hand that isn't holding mine was gently caressing my hair. "Don't worry about anything, baby. You're fine."

"Yeah? So what am I doing here?" I asked.

"I went to your flat, remember?" He asked, I nodded. "You texted me that the door was open. I was about to come in then I heard a crash. So I hurriedly got inside and I saw you there, passed out. I called 911 and now we're here." He said.

I remembered texting Luke, I think. I remembered being hungry, because I haven't eaten and slept properly in like... 3 days. I felt pretty weak. The only time I felt like eating up again was after Luke called me. I feel kinda bad for that because of what happened between Nick and I recently. This is the exact reason why he chose to just let it all go. And I was just not ready for that. I know that I am being selfish if I say that I want Nick here beside me, and also want Luke. But I just got so used to Nick's presence that it almost seems crazy knowing that he left, and probably won't come back anytime soon. What makes it worse is that all he ever did was help me. He never ever did anything that would hurt me.

I shake those thoughts out of my head. "What did they say? W-why did I pass out?"

"You had hypoglycemia." He said.

"Which is...?" I asked. I'm not playing dumb. Why the fuck would I know what hypoglycemia means. I hate scientific terms. Like how "premature ventracular contractions" sound so scary and complicated, but in reality it just means that your heart skipped a beat.