Chapter 7.

Sydny's POV

"Each of you will he assigned a mentor." Ms. Josie announced, up front. She was the one who would show the newbies (us) around the beauty school.

I have been in L.A. for the past 12 days, and I've got myself a flat and enrolled myself to beauty school. So far, I haven't attended a 5SOS gig yet. Their schedule doesn't agree with mine, which totally sucks.

Anyway, we were supposed to pick out names of licensed stylists and/or beauticians from the little fish jar they put at the front of the room. God. I feel like I'm on an initiation.

"Hey, Sydny." This girl, Melissa, said. She's one of my new galfriends around here. I've found that she lives just blocks away from my flat.

"Huh?" I looked at her.

"Who do you think you'll pick?" she smiled.

"Uhh.. I dunno. Let fate decide, I guess." I shrugged.

"No." she groaned. "I mean, if you could choose one..."

I thought for a second.. "Well, I hope someone French." I said. "I mean, they're pretty good at these stuffs, right?!"

Melissa shrugged. "They say that French are a little wild... Short-tempered and all that."

I just frowned at her.

"What?!" Melissa exclaimed. "It's what I've heard."

Then someone tapped our shoulders. I whipped around to see who it was. It was a guy... Or is it a guy?

"Hey, sisters." He beamed. Definitely not a guy. "I was just wondering if I could join you two? I feel... awkward."

I laughed lightly. I don't think it's in their nature to be like that. Gays are like... so outgoing and friendly.

"No problemo, senorito.." Melissa said. It's funny how Spanish she sounds, although she's pure American.

We all laughed out loud. "Oh, by the way, my name's Andy." He said, while whipping his imaginary long her to his back.

"I'm Sydny." I smiled. "And this is Melissa."

Melissa bowed and said "Mi amigo."

"Uhh.. Is she really Spanish?!" Andy asked me. "Because that's totally good acting if she isn't." He chuckled.

"Oh, God. No, of course, she isn't." I was laughing by now. "She's just crazy."

Melissa frowned. She looks like she was going to argue... But instead, she said "Yeah. You're right."

And we all laughed.

"And you're.... Australian?" Andy asked.

I smiled. "I guess so?"

"OHMYGOSH THAT IS SO FRICKING AWESOME."

.

.

It wasn't long before it was our turn to pick the names out of the fish jar. We still aren't allowed to open it, not until we all got our picks.

"Ohmygod. I swear if this isn't guy, I'm gonna' slit myself." Andy told us.

Melissa laughed at that. I was kind of creeped by how he said that he was going to slit himself. "No. No slitting, sister." Melissa patted him. 

I just nodded at them.

"Okay. Ladies and... Uhm... Gents?" Miss Josie said, almost in a question. "You may now unfold you papers."

Unfold...

Unfold...

"OHMYGOD." Andy screamed. "I got----" I have no idea how to pronounce or spell the name he mentioned. "He's like soooo genius."