Chapter 47.

Hi!

.

.

Sydny's POV

"What do you plan to do on Christmas?" Melissa asked.

We have nothing planned today. Or maybe I have nothing planned. Melissa, however, made plans with Michael, I think. But anyway, I'm in her flat, and she's getting all hyped up with Christmas. It's still like, a month away.

I shrugged. "Don't know. I don't have any families to go to, maybe except Andy's. Nick will probably go home to his family."

Melissa frowned. "Why don't you come with him?"

"Well, why would I? I'm not his girlfriemd or anything. And besides, I wanna spend Christmas with people that I actually know and love." I explained.

Actually, I don't know since the first Christmas I had without my mom was spent with Luke and his family in Sydney. And that was pretty amazing.

She nodded. "Yeah, you have a point."

"How about you?" I asked.

She started giggling. "Michael planned to let me meet his parents this Christmas, so... I guess I'm going to Australia!!!"

I gasped. "Oh my God! That's amazing!" I laughed. "Michael's mum is really sweet. You'll get along well. But, oh my God, you're meeting them!!!"

"I know!" She says excitedly.

I have already told Melissa where to go when in Sydney before. She always asks. But I figured she can't really get lost with Michael by her side, so, no problem there.

"You know where I want to go?" I said, after we're done rejoicing about the news.

"Where?"

"New York," I smiled at the thought, "On New Year's Eve."

Melissa's eyes widened. "Ohmygod, YES! That's an ultimate goal."

"I know, right! Like watching the huge ball, whatever they call it, on Time's Square and counting down the last seconds of the year, and then there might be snow too. It will be extemely cold. Then the fireworks would be so amazing too." I said, visualizing it in my mind.

"Yes! Yes! And a New Year's Kiss." Melissa said dreamily.

I sighed. "Yeah, I wanna' do it alone."

She looked at me like I'm stupid. "Duh, Sydny. That's like... a really magical moment. You should share it with someone special!"

I shrugged. "If only there was someone special enough..."

"Oh. My. God." She said. "Why?? What's up between you and Nick?"

She took a seat beside me in the couch and looked at me worriedly. Do I really look that pathetic?

I shook my head. "Nothing. It's just... you know, I don't really think I want to do it with him." I sighed. "I mean, yes, Nick is special. But..."

"But? You know there's no good in 'but.' But means contradiction." Melissa said.

I sighed. Maybe I should tell her. I need help, anyway. And she's my best friend. She and Andy deserves to know everything.

"Honestly... ever since he went back, I just don't feel the same way anymore." I sighed. "I don't want to. It's just that way."

Melissa gasped. "Shit. It's because of Luke, isn't it?"

I didn't reply, which of course, she took as a yes.

"Ohmygod. I knew it!" She laughed. "I so knew there was something going on again. We all did. Ohmygod."