Chapter 40.

IT'S 40 ALREADY OMG.
Brace yourselves.

.

The 2 weeks passed through like wind. I mean it was sort of busy, and fun, but I didn't realize that I've been here two weeks until today, the day of my departure.

I'm leaving Sydney for the third time in my life. Wow. At least I didn't get the same old shitty feeling like I'm leaving behind my whole life.

I have 6 hours left before my flight, so I decided to have a walk around the university. This place is really awesome. And it's so cool that I got to stay here even just for a while, since I dreamt of studying here. I also went to my favorite cafè and ordered my favorite dish.

I don't know when I will go back here, since theres literally nothing in my life that would cause me to go back. But who knows, maybe in the future, I'll have a reason. Besides, this is where I came from.

Anyway, I spent most of my remaining time walking around and saying goodbye to my professors and some of the people that I've met during the past days. I went back to the dorm room after lunch, when I decided to recheck all the things I need to pack.

Lei was there, sitting at her bed. She looked at me as I entered.

"What?" I said, dropping my bag to my bed.

"What time are you leaving?" She asked.

Lei and I have gotten closer ever since that talk about Luke. She's so fascinated by the boyfriend-from-a-band thing.

"My flight is at 6, so... probably 3, so I could be there at 4." I answered. "Why? Can't wait to finally have the room all to yourself?" I said, jokingly.

Lei just smiled slyly. "No. I'm actually gonna miss you a bit. No one will annoy me now everytime I enter this stupid dormroom."

"Oh wow, thanks." I said, with hinting sarcasm.

She just laughed. "No, but seriously..."

"Aw, I'm gonna' miss you too." I smiled, resisiting the urge to walk over to her and hug her.

Lei just smiled. She took one of the many black bracelets around her wrists and walked over to me. She took a deep breath and said, "Okay. I'm not being clichè or something. But since we would probably never meet again, I wanna' give this to you."

She took my hand and made me wear her bracelet.

"This is the closest to girly that I have, so..." She shrugged.

I smiled. "Ohmygod, it's beautiful." I stood up after she was done. "Can I hug you?"

Lei just shrugged again, so I took the chance to hug her.

"Thank you so much for everything. You're one of the coolest person I have ever met, and I'm not just saying that because I want to. It's true as fuck." I said. "And I'm sorry I wasn't able to get you anything. God, I don't know what to give you."

Lei just waved it off. "I don't need anything. I'm fine. I'm sure I'll remember you anyway. Luke Hemmings' girlfriend."

"No, not really." I muttered.

"Ex-girlfriend." She sighed. "Happy now?"

I laughed. "Not really. But it's fine."

She rolled her eyes and laughed. "Whatever. Now go fix your stuffs. I have a class, so I'll be leaving now."

"Aw, thank you so much for everything." I said.

"Thank you too." She smiled, just looking at me so deeply that I knew she meant it. Before I could utter another word, she went out and shut the door closed.