Chapter 46.

Luke's POV

"Thank you." She said, her voice muffled as she buries her face at the crook of my neck.

She took me by surprise by hugging me, just as she always does. She always makes me question everything that has happened. What she does contradicts what she says.

"For what?" I asked, slowly wrapping my arms around her waist as well. I tried hiding the small tinge of excitement and fear in my voice, but it's no use.

"For the past few days. For being there for me. Just for everything. Thank you." She said.

No, I thought. Thank you. Thank you for the few days that made me happier than I have been for months. Thank you for giving me that small flicker of hope that I might have you back again. I hate it, but I love every single bit of it.

I let out a laugh. "Anytime."

"Bro." Calum waved a hand in front of my face, snapping me out of the memory.

Sydny just left. I don't know why but it hurts more than usual.

Broken Pieces was playing in the background, which is not really helping my mood. It's something that we somehow wrote, thinking of some of our experiences and... well, you could pretty much see what "experiences" I've had.

"I was asking you what you want for dinner." He said, clearly annoyed.

I shrugged. "Anything."

He rolled his eyes. "What the fuck are you even thinking about?"

I shook my head.

Calum sighed and gave me a pat on the shoulder. "Whatever it is, fuck it. Tell us about it later."

I didn't reply. I was looking out in our balcony, kinda being sentimental. And yes, that sounds gay. But, fuck it, I'm a sad little burrito.

Calum groaned, walking out of the room. I sighed and just followed him. It's no use staying up here. I'll just get sadder and sadder everytime.

I searched my mind for anything to keep me busy. Anything that could make me forget about all of this. But everytime I think of something, it always comes back to her. It makes me think of the good times and the bad times, and just everything with her. And, God, this is driving me crazy.

Michael and Ashton were on the poolside. Ashton was out in the sun, while Michael was on his phone. I sat down at one of the bench chairs, trying to focus my mind on something else.

"Guess it's pizza for three nights in a fucking row." Calum grumbled. "You bastards don't know how to eat anything else."

Michael rolled his eyes. "Why don't you cook some real food then?"

"I will. And I'll put poison in it." Calum said.

Ashton laughed at him. "If you're so sick of pizza, let's just go out for the night. Eat some nice dinner somewhere."

"Fine by me." Michael said.

Calum nodded. "Alright then. But Luke doesn't seem to be up for it."

The three of them looked at me.

It took me a moment to realize that I should be deciding whether or not to go.

"Um, yeah." I nodded, almost unconsciously.

"Yeah what?" Calum asked.

"Let's go have dinner outside." I said.

They nodded. Ashton looked at me worriedly.