Chapter 2: The Avengers

Oh God oh God oh God oh God! Here we go again, I'm starting to freak out.

You kept switching between pure thrilling joy and complete terror.

This cannot be happening!

You knew you needed to have a level head. You were in the actual MCU, which meant you had to be careful no matter how much this felt like a dream. You stood for a minute collecting your thoughts.

Ok...this is awesome. Overwhelming? Definitely. Still awesome? Absolutely!

"What do I even do first?" you asked yourself out loud, needing to get out of your own head for a bit. Talking to yourself was always something you did when you were nervous anyway.

"Just walk up, knock on the door and say 'Hey, I'm from an alternate reality where you're all superheroes in movies played by actors, can I have your autographs?' How the hell do I explain anything?"

For the first time in forever you thought of the practicality of all of your daydreams...realizing they were the most poorly thought out scenarios ever.

In my defense, they were theoretical ideas that I thought would be cool. It wasn't like I intended for any of them to happen! I was fantasizing, not formulating a master plan.

Regardless of how much you should or shouldn't have thought this through, you still needed to do something...but what? How were you going to just approach the Avengers?

You didn't have to contemplate the matter much longer. An all too familiar whoosh met your ears, followed by another famous sound of metal touching down behind you.

No. Way.

You turned around rapidly, almost eagerly, only to come face to face with a glowing hand threatening to blast you off the face of the earth. What had you expected, a welcoming party? Nonetheless, it still caught you off-guard, causing you to stumble back a few steps.

"Geeze Tony! Do you have to make a dramatic entrance all the time?"

Calling him Tony had just slipped out, and talking to him so easily was a result of your nerves. You had no filter, and your sass was evidently always intact. You realized how weird it must look to him for you to have said this, and you face-palmed yourself mentally.

"First, I can't help it if I'm a badass, kinda an occupational requirement anyway. Second, who are you?"

You tried to speak as you stared at him. Iron Man! Right in front of you. His helmet had retracted and you couldn't hold the smile in any longer. It was him! He had that classic "don't mess with me" look on his face. You know, the one where he stares dead at you with his mouth set firmly and eyes intense. His look quickly changed to one of shock and confusion, his eyebrows loosening up a bit, his stance less in a ready position, and the frown on his face almost too funny to not laugh at. RDJ's facial expressions as Tony were, afterall, hilarious. But this wasn't RDJ, you quickly told yourself. This was the real Stark. It dawned on you that his new look was in response to you. Your face of delight was something he didn't expect.

"Last I checked, being surrounded by an elite squad of asskickers is not something to smile about, so I suggest you wipe the grin off and answer the question, Mona Lisa."

You would have smiled yet again at witnessing a nickname from the king of all nicknames, except for the small fact that he had said surrounded. The smile dropped from your face as you finally paid attention to what was happening around you. You had been so preoccupied with Tony that you hadn't noticed the ring of heroes drop in to circle you. Wanda was on your left, eyes and fingertips glowing, ready for any sudden movements on your part.