Chapter 34: No Such Thing As a Quiet Month

Notes: Two weeks later and I finally have it posted! Sorry again, the last two weeks have been really crazy. Also sorry for the last quarter of this if it seems rushed. I wanted to get something posted for you, but had to write the last parts on my phone cuz, as is my luck this week, my laptop mysteriously stopped working. So forgive wonky formatting or any errors that usually aren't there. Autocorrect on my phone was annoying, and I just can't write as well as on my laptop. Therefore it also took me longer to finish the last parts, so I ended up having to just wrap it up and save some stuff for next chapter. Hope you enjoy, and sorry for the wait! 

You woke up far too close to Loki, practically curled against his side. You hadn't anticipated falling asleep on the floor, so the subconscious desire to remain on your side of the imaginary boundaries had apparently not kicked in. You softly drew yourself back, not wanting to wake him up. He looked more peaceful than any other time you'd seen him asleep. Surprisingly, he appeared to remain unconscious. You stood up quietly, noticing that Loki had given you his blanket again. You hesitated a moment before placing it over him gently, careful not to hit his face and disturb him.

If he can do it for me, I can do it for him, you smiled to yourself.

Taking account of the room and its inhabitants, you were relieved to see everyone still passed out. They'd had a few too many drinks last night. You'd had one or two, but you were careful not to get drunk. The last thing you needed was doing or saying things in front of the Avengers that you wouldn't remember the next day. You tiptoed away, retreating upstairs to shower and change. Everything was still quiet when you came back downstairs, so you decided to go for a walk, not wanting to wake anyone by rummaging in the kitchen. You weren't far down the path from the compound when a voice called out to you.

"Ms. Wren?" Vision said, stopping you in your tracks.

You turned to see him gliding towards you. He smiled pleasantly, saying good morning.

"I didn't know you were awake. I hope I didn't wake you up?"

"If you will recall, I do not sleep," he explained, "I may have looked it, and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but I was aware of your movements."

"No, of course, I forgot you don't technically sleep. You don't have to apologize."

"Right, yes, my apologies---I mean, just alright," he corrected when you raised your eyebrows at his second request for forgiveness.

"You're hilarious, you know that?" you chuckled.

He seemed to contemplate this notion for a minute.

"Well, I have been attempting to further understand the nature of some of the comments made frequently by the team, as I am often informed they are just joking. I'm glad my research seems to have paid off," he grinned.

"Is there anything you needed, or were you just coming along for the walk?" you asked, as the two of you started down the path again.

"I was hoping I would get to join you, yes. But I'd be deceiving you if I withheld the fact that I had hoped to discuss something."

"Yeah, what is it?" you asked curiously, unsure what was pressing enough that Vision wanted to have a discussion about it.

"I was wondering what your thoughts are on the actions of Shane Walsh?"

"Shane?! From the Walking Dead?" you asked in surprise.

"Is that alright?" he said worriedly.

"No, yeah it's fine. I just was making sure I had the right Shane."

Well that was unexpected.

"You see, I've been thinking quite a lot about what his view of humanity is compared to that of Mr. Grimes, and I've come to some points I'd like to discuss with you, as you've had a considerably longer amount of time to process the show and its moral dilemmas."