Chapter 20

(The scene above is from The Walking Dead S5,E8. It's the scene the Avengers are watching in this chapter and reacting to, in case you want to know. There is blood/some violence, so don't watch if you're sensitive to that. Also, spoilers for this episode are included. If you happen to be watching TWD and haven't gotten to this episode, the beginning and ending of spoiler areas will be marked with ****)

You hadn't slept well at all, and the area behind your eyes throbbed from crying. It was only 7 AM, but you weren't falling back asleep anytime soon, so you decided to get up and head down to the kitchen. You went to the bathroom to look at your face. Judging by how it felt, you expected a rather significant black eye. To your surprise, there wasn't a single mark to be seen. You pushed down on the spot and winced in response to the pain that followed. Your face was evidently injured, yet showed no outward signs of being so.

Loki must have magicked it, you thought.

As much as you wanted to call him a coward for hiding the evidence of his actions, you knew it was for the best. When had he done it though? You didn't see him do it last night.

Did the creep come in my room while I was sleeping?

You were too tired and fed up with yelling at Loki for things he did, so you just dropped the issue entirely, brushing your fingers through your hair as you made your way to the door. You tiptoed down the hall, after throwing a wary glance at Loki's door, and hopped in the elevator.

No one was in the kitchen or living room. If anyone was up, you assumed they were working out or busy doing superhero stuff. Thankful for the peaceful atmosphere, you quickly poured yourself some cheerios and curled up on the couch to watch Netflix. A pleasant hour rolled by, with your thoughts blissfully lost in your show.

Nat, Clint, and Rhodey's voices entered the kitchen, arguing about the results of some match they had just had in the training room.

"Morning," Nat called over.

"Morning," you mumbled back, still glued to the screen.

Clint hopped effortlessly over the back of the couch to sit next to you, propping his feet up on the table.

"What's this?" he asked.

"The Walking Dead," you answered.

"Oh that zombie show?"

"Yup."

One by one the team filtered into the kitchen, each grabbing some food before asking what was on. By the time Vision entered the room and questioned what it was that engaged you, he was met by a loud "shhhhh" from everyone, who were all thoroughly into the show.

Tony walked in the room and everyone shushed preemptively, causing him to walk over and see what the fuss was about. Fifteen minutes passed, and the end of the episode was approaching.

****

"You dumb bitch!" Sam said in reaction to the horribly stupid decision made by one of the characters.

"Get her Daryl," Clint said.

"Oh god, now her sister's waiting for her but she's dead," Nat whispered.

"No, we didn't pick up on that, thanks Nat," Rhodey shot at her.

"Girl was this close to getting out of there," Tony complained, "She's an idiot."

"I always agreed with her wanting to kill her and all, but just wait til you have a real weapon," you said.

"See?! Now look how upset your sister is, woman!" Sam yelled at the screen.