Chapter 10: Asgard

The bridge was about a mile long, which you jogged in roughly ten minutes. You were sucking wind noticeably more than Clint was, but you tried to hide the fact. You slowed your pace as you approached the entrance to the city, cautiously walking under golden arches and through the open area where Hela slaughters the whole Asgardian army.

"Seriously?" Clint asked, pointing ahead of you.

You looked up to see the giant golden statue of Loki.

"Yeah, it looks even cooler in person," you laughed.

Clint gave you a look before continuing forward. You were about to say something in your defense, when you realized the area around you was empty.

"Um, where is everyone?" you asked.

"You just noticed?" Clint responded, raising an eyebrow at you.

"I'm too busy staring at the literal city of gold."

"You mean the statue of gold?"

You hit his arm, "Come off it, I just said it looked cool. Despite what you guys may think, I don't have a crush on Loki."

"I never said you did," he said, giving you a devilish grin.

Dang, I walked right into it.

"Before you continue with this, I think you're all good looking, ok? It's a rule that if you're in the MCU you apparently have to be attractive. That's Hollywood for you."

There was a span of silence as you continued through what you guessed was their marketplace, but Clint was still smirking.

"So," he began, "What's the name of this attractive actor who plays me?"

"Jeremy Renner," you answered, "He's also a singer. Does one killer rendition of House of the Rising Sun."

"Oh, well, that's where he and I will have to differ," Clint said.

"If you're this universe's physical version of Jeremy Renner...then it stands to reason that you have the same voice," you said, turning to look at him. He definitely seemed to be hiding something. "You DO sing, don't you?"

"No, I--I don't sing, just the same as others you know, in the shower, awkwardly at birthdays---"

"But you're good, aren't you?"

You stared at him until he caved.

"Fine, I'm not bad."

"Oh, you are totally singing when we get back."

"Don't hold your breath, kid."

"No, this isn't up for debate, you are 100%---"

Clint held a hand up to silence you, and you looked forward to see what had stopped him in his tracks.

"Well, there's everyone," he said.

Ahead of you were the citizens of Asgard, all gathered silently, their attention drawn to something that you couldn't see.

"Honestly, this gives us a good place to hide for a bit. We'll be out of place if we're the only 'Asgardians' not attending whatever this is," you whispered.

Clint nodded and put a hand on your shoulder, leading you to the crowd.

"Stay close," he said, and you nodded back.

As you moved casually through the crowd, you could hear what sounded like a choir singing a rather sad and soft tune. Finally, you got to a point where you could see what was happening, and you had to fight to hold in your laughter.