Chapter 44: Strange Signs

Notes: Once again, I'm too tired to really thoroughly check the last half. Hope it isn't rushed and sloppy, because everything seems good to my mind when it's tired. 

The weeks of April passed relatively uneventfully. The Avengers went on a few more missions than they had had in a while, which left you with Korg, Miek, and Loki. After months of begging, Loki had finally agreed to try one round of whatever Call of Duty game constantly occupied Korg and Miek's time. "One game" turned into "I'm trying again" which turned into ten games which turned into a day of Loki sitting on the couch, headset covering his ears, controller in his hands, zombified by the TV.

You'd send Peter clips on Snap of his most entertaining moments. He was so engaged, he never noticed until late in the day.

"What did you call me?" Loki spoke to some player through the mic, "Do you have any idea what I could do to you? I could cut your limbs off one by one until you looked like the pathetic worm your playing style indicates you are! After that, I'd literally transform you into a worm and feed you to the birds! Let's see how talkative you are as they tear you piece by piece!"

Just like his brother, you thought as you filmed it all.

"You tell him man," Korg encouraged Loki.

"You don't believe---He doesn't believe me!" Loki chuckled to Korg like the poor child on the other end had just made a terrible mistake, "Friday! Find this man's location!" Loki ordered, standing up and ripping off the headset.

You couldn't hold in the laughter anymore, and Loki finally noticed the phone in your hand.

"Delete that!" he said, and you jumped up from the couch running on the other side of Korg and Miek, keeping their chairs between you and Loki. "Darling, you show that to anyone and I swear it will be a very long week for you."

You hastily sent it to Peter, having just enough time to select Yelena as well.

"See! Nothing there!" you said, showing him the screen.

"Why does it say delivered on those two?" he demanded, "No, now it says opened."

He looked from the phone up to you with the clear threat in his eyes.

"Already sent it, oops," you smiled.

"Get it back from them."

"Get it back??"

"Yes, bring the video back."

"That's not how Snap works! It's already sent!"

"Delete it then, so they can't watch it."

"That's also not a thing."

"Well, you'd better find a way."

"Once they watch it, it's gone anyway, so no one will have it," you said, not mentioning you'd saved it already, "That's the best I can do...oh wait...ok, so Peter screen recorded it...and so did Yelena. Oh, here watch this, she sent a response."

You turned the screen for both of you to see.

"Is it recording?" Thor asked, the background indicating he was in the quinjet. Thor had been down on this particular day, so he'd eagerly jumped at the opportunity to partake in another mission.

"Yes, that's what the yellow circle means, now talk before you run out of time," Yelena answered off screen.

"Hello Wren!" he said loudly.

"Not so loud, Thor, you don't have to shout!" Yelena scolded.

"Right, sorry, uh hello Wren," he smiled again, "Tell my brother that I too threaten people over the television, so I entirely understand. He's quite amusing when he plays though," he started laughing, "I'm glad he's finally played, even if this means I'll have to---"