Chapter 21: Some Loki-Reader Bonding Time

The next day started out normally, with you less cranky and emotional because you'd actually slept the night before. You had arrived late down to breakfast, walking in at 10. By that hour, the team had already eaten and were out in the living room watching the Walking Dead without you.

"You're lucky I'm too tired to fight you for watching without me, Sam," you whined groggily, making your way over to the kitchen.

"Not only have you seen it already, but you know what happens 6 years from now too," he defended.

Grabbing a pan from one of the cabinets and some eggs from the fridge, you got to work prepping your breakfast. You noticed Loki was in the sitting area with them, trying to look like he wasn't as glued to the show as he was.

"Anybody feed Loki?" you asked, scrambling the eggs in a bowl.

"I am not a pet," Loki protested.

"No, you're a guest," you said back, pouring the eggs on the pan and placing the bowl in the sink.

"I offered him some cereal," Rhodey answered, almost reluctantly. "He said he wasn't hungry."

"I wasn't," Loki confirmed.

You stepped away from your eggs, looking at Loki with an expression that said "Get over here and eat breakfast, you baby, before I come over there and force-feed you." Surprisingly, he rolled his eyes and stood up, coming over promptly.

Man must actually be hungry to cave so easily, you thought, giving him a 'That's what I thought' nod.

He stood next to you, watching as you dumped the finished eggs onto a plate, grabbing the toast from the toaster and buttering them thoroughly. Once done, you poured him some orange juice, handing him the plate and cup.

"Go sit, I'll bring a fork."

You grabbed him a fork from the drawer and placed it where he was sitting. He didn't say thank you, but you were used to that.

Five minutes later you had made yourself another plate. Loki was finished by the time you sat down, but he remained in his seat.

"I believe I showed you what to do with those," you said, nodding to his dishes.

He glared at you, but cleared his place as you'd shown him. He then made his way back to the table instead of the living room.

Your attention was on the tv, which you could see from where you were sitting. Loki cleared his throat quietly, trying to get your attention.

"What?"

"I have some more information I need from you," he declared firmly, though in a hushed tone.

"Is that your way of asking if you can ask me stuff?"

"Call it what you will," he replied.

"Why are we whispering?" you asked.

"I do not wish the others to know, as it does not concern them."

"Okiedokie," you said, finishing your breakfast and going to clear your place.

"Hey, Loki wants some air, so I'ma babysit him for a few outside, is that ok?" you asked the group.

"Yeah, whatever," Tony answered distractedly, eyes on the screen, "Just make sure you take Friday with you."

"I will," you promised, grabbing the same wristband from yesterday and sliding it on. "K, let's go," you said, walking past Loki.

"Keep it PG you two," Tony called out as you left the room.

You made a gagging noise to show you disgust, flipping him off for good measure.