Chapter 13: Darling

"Get up!"

You jumped at Loki's voice, sitting upright in an instant.

"Good morning to you too," you grumbled sarcastically.

He was clearly in a bad mood, as he stormed over and dragged you up by your arm.

"Enough with the man-handling!" you said, kicking him in the leg harder than you'd intended, not that it hurt the god in the slightest.

He didn't take kindly to it, however, and he squeezed your arm harder.

"I will do as I please, mortal," he hissed, raising his chin as if to seem larger and more important.

Before you knew what you were doing, your fist was making contact with his nose. The simple fact that he hadn't protected himself shows just how unexpected the punch was. His grip loosened slightly, and you yanked your arm from his hand.

"I am honestly so sorry about that," you said, mouth wide in shock as you watched him gently touch his nose, smirk, and glare back at you with that glint in his eyes.

"I did warn you though, and I never hit anyone unless they don't listen to my warnings, so, technically, I shouldn't feel bad."

You were sure he'd simply grab you again, but he didn't.

"Well," he grinned, "I assume all is fair, seeing as I initiated the aggression."

"Is this the point where you say something like that to get me to let my guard down, then you drop kick me or something?"

"If I wanted to pounce, there is nothing you could do to stop me, guard down or otherwise," he replied.

"Fair enough. Anyway, why the hell are you so cranky?"

He straightened a little and gave you his emotionless stare.

"Why are you here?"

"I kinda showed you why last night, didn't I? Or yesterday? How much time has passed since the garden? There aren't exactly any windows around here. Speaking of, why don't I get one of those fancy Asgardian cells?"

"By the grace of Valhalla will you stop talking?" he sighed, rolling his eyes. "You are exhausting."

"Coming from the man who fakes his death so many times that fans still didn't think you were dead after Thanos? Keeping track of you is what's exhausting."

He just stared at you with annoyance, clenching a fist as if wanting to punch you into tomorrow, but then deciding against it and opening his hand again slowly.

You chuckled at his antics, causing him to glare again.

"Will you stop laughing at everything," he pleaded, "You Midgardians are unbearable as well as useless."

"Are you forgetting that this useless Midgardian came here to save your royal ass?"

His eyes shot daggers at you as he responded, "How could I forget, with you so humbly stating it every second?"

"Yes, and you'd know all about being humble wouldn't you. You're so in love with yourself, the only person you've kissed is yourself," you mumbled.

Oh crap, the TVA. Was that a thing? If it was, they would have grabbed you already. Daaang, my wish for them not to be a thing must have worked...wait, so was there a universe out there with them in it?

Loki broke your train of thought.

"I beg your pardon?" he asked, looking appalled.

You held in your smile. "Oh, nevermind, just more fan stuff."