Chapter 33: Halloween

Notes: Sorry for being late...again. I had a lot less time to write this week, which was unfortunate, seeing as this turned out to be my longest chapter. Had I not wanted to go on for so long, I could have posted something yesterday, but I really wanted to do certain scenes correctly and not rush through them. That being said, I worked late into the night on some of these parts, and didn't proof read a lot of it, so I apologize in advance for any decrease in quality that may have happened while my groggy brain tried to form coherent sentences. I hope it's all good, I'm just too tired to be a good judge of that right now even if I did re-read it.

Also, there's a brief scene where I need the reader to give her last name. As I've used a filler name up until this point, it seems pointless to do Y/L/N or however last names are abbreviated. Therefore, I picked a random name that came to me literally on the spot. So again, put whatever name you want.

Hope you enjoy!

You'd lost track of the days in Sakaar, especially with time moving differently, but it was apparently the 24th of October upon your arrival back on earth. The week leading to Halloween was the first "normal" time since you'd dropped at the compound. The Avengers eased back into their routine flawlessly, as if two weeks of space adventures and stone hunting was their average. They took maybe a day or two off to recover and relax, before training again each morning. There weren't any Avengers missions during that time, though Tony flew off now and again to do who knows what. He was still heavily involved with the military and safeguarding the "world peace" he'd sought to bring back when he first became Iron Man, so he had places to be and a company to run. He said he had to see Pepper too, to "keep my ass out of trouble." Fury made sure eyes were out for Hydra activity, according to Steve, and Tony had increased perimeter defense scans after the last encounter with Rumlow. Avengers compound was always considered safe until that night. Tony blamed himself for going easy on defenses, never assuming someone would attack or be able to shut Friday out. How they did that was still a mystery.

Missions from the future were at a standstill as well. Heimdall and Thor were busy with Sakaar, so the Guardians and Tivan had to wait. You'd told the team about Peter, and Tony had promised to keep an eye out for YouTube Spidey-Boys. He'd known about Peter in Civil War, after all, so knowing when Peter had his powers wasn't going to be an issue. Bruce was getting to work on figuring a way to remove the stone from Vision. There were tests he'd run, brainstorming he'd have to do with Tony. Making sure Vis was ready for the removal was key. He hadn't been alive for nearly as long as he had when they tried to take it out of him in Infinity War, so patience was crucial. If he didn't evolve enough to become more than the stone yet, then removing it could be catastrophic. You were three years ahead of the game though, so you had time to do it right without rushing. Wakandan technology and the insight of Shuri would surely be a help, but T'Challa wasn't king at the moment. Would T'Chaka help? Would he believe your story? Your reasons for knowing they could help? It was a risk you'd have to take if you wanted the best input and facilities. It was decided that Wakanda would be a stop in the future after Bruce and Tony had some time to work on the problem themselves. Therefore, there wasn't much you had to do at the moment.

You spent the week enjoying your time with the Avengers, Korg and Miek. Steve and Tony took you, Bucky and Bruce on a tour of the facility, or facilities, as there were other adjoining buildings besides the living center. You found that the other more business-centered buildings had faculty running them. There were main lobbies, front desk workers, maintenance, etc. All reported to Stark, and all had extensive background checks. Tony sends everyone home overnight, something about not trusting people while he's sleeping. Bruce was like a little kid in candyland when he saw Tony's new lab. Bucky kept his feelings close to his chest, seeming to enjoy the tour but not ogling over everything. In stark contrast was you, who was lighting up at every bit of everything shown to you. This did nothing to help Tony's ego, but he deserved praise for the masterpiece he'd designed. The pool was in the main building, not far from the rooms actually, which was good to know. You'd never remember your way to all of the places shown to you, but you took particular care to recall the path back from the pool.