Chapter 52: Love is Mischief

Notes: Sorrryyy!!! If you didn't see my messages I've posted, I didn't write anything the first week after the last chapter cuz I was both sick and had a funeral/viewing that week for my mom's best friend. Then this past week I had camp and got sick again (what the hell's up with that?). So here I am, over two weeks late, but finally have it out!
Hope you enjoy, and sorry for the wait! Also, I did all of this on my phone, so help me out if autocorrect was a bitch!

The first week blew by too quickly. There was so much to do, including just relaxing, that the time flew. Even though everyone would split by themselves or with small groups throughout the day, everyone always got together in the evening. Cookouts and parties by the pool were a common occurrence. Beach trips together had happened on quite a few occasions as well.

Seeing as it was both summer and vacation, Loki couldn't wear his usual Asgardian attire. Surprisingly, you didn't have to tell him. He dressed in midgardian clothes. The first time he walked in with a white v-neck and navy blue shorts you just about died of shock.

"I don't think I've ever seen you wear something that isn't green or black," you'd gasped.

"Thor wears colors different than his usual clothes back home. Why wouldn't I?"

"Because on the rare occasion you have, I've only ever seen black and green."

"What, the two times you've seen?"

"Still, you were two for two. That's a 100%."

"Fantastic math, Darling."

"I just didn't know you wore other colors."

"I know this will be impossibly hard for you to hear, but we aren't just comic book characters. There are no set colors and costumes we have to abide by. Normal people wear different colors."

"Did you just say you were normal???"

"Don't change the subject when I'm winning."

"Winning what? It's not like I'm fighting your color change, it looks good."

And so he'd continued wearing a wide set of clothes. You knew it had caught the others off guard too. Perhaps not for the small detail of color, but simply for the fact that seeing Loki look like he was ready to recline on a beach with a drink in his hand (the ones with those little umbrellas obviously) was something none of them could ever have thought they'd see one day.

He'd never once backed out of hanging with people. In fact, he joined everything, partaking in festivities and life like it was the most natural thing to do. The month without you had really brought him to a new place, one where he had fully embraced Avenger life. Fully embraced life, actually. Just living. No more fighting his instinctual fall back of pretending he wanted to be alone.

The team must have fully accepted him while you were gone too, for they carried on with him like he'd always been a friend. No tension, no hostilities. No more "yeah we like him now, but he could still be buttering us up for a backstabbing."

Life was good.

The houses, though able to sleep six in a pinch, had been divided amongst the team to accomodate two or three members each.

Tony and Pep had #1. Steve and Rhodey, #2. Bucky and Sam, #3. Nat, Bruce, and Yelena, #4. Vision and Wanda, #5. Clint and his family, #6. Nebula, Gamora and Mantis, #7. Rocket, Groot, and Quill, #8. Korg, Drax, and Miek, #9. Zemo had been #10.

Now, you, Thor and Loki had 10. The Parkers and Ned had 11. Wong and Strange had 12. T'Challa, Shuri, and Okoye had 13. Scott and Hope had 14, and Carol, who'd come later in the week, took 15 for herself.