Chapter 31: The Revolution

Notes: Sorry for the late posting again! Also, when you get to the Grandmaster's dialogue, cuz he comes in in this chapter, just read it how Jeff Goldblum would say it. If I were to write it how Goldblum talks, there would be many many more uh's and um's and other pauses and sounds Goldblum makes in his classic way of delivering dialogue. Dude's a legend, and I couldn't begin to write his lines the way I pictured him saying them. So Goldblum-ify them in your minds. Once again, I haven't read over the chapter as a whole cuz I'm late so I wanted to get it posted, but I re-read every section I write after I'm done with it, so I think it's good. Ok, that's all for now😁 On with the chapter!

"It's very nice to meet you, Wren," Korg said, "I gotta say though, I'm beginning to think I should have printed more pamphlets. The only people who seemed to turn up are you, my mom, and her boyfriend who I hate."

"I think everything will work out," you said hopefully.

You looked up as you heard the shouts of guards coming through the crowd.

"I like the optimism," Korg smiled, but he dropped it when he saw the colorful guards break from the crowd and surround the two of you. "Yeah, no, my optimism is gone, sorry," he apologized.

"Just play along," you whispered, seeing Korg get his gun ready.

"What? Oh, do you have like a secret plan?" Korg replied excitedly.

"Something like that," you answered, raising your hands in surrender.

"That's very clever of you. I should have had a Plan B, now that I think about it," he said, following your lead and dropping his gun, raising his hands in the air.

A guard rather roughly jabbed his weapon into your side, forcing you to walk in the direction of the Grandmaster's building. You turned once to look over your shoulder at Loki, giving a reassuring nod in response to his displeased expression. He nodded back and disappeared through the crowd off in search of Valkyrie. Korg was speaking to you for most of the walk through the streets and hallways, but, unfortunately, you had no time to pay attention to his amusing comments. Your focus was on the path they were taking to get to the prison. You were drilling every turn into your head, hoping you remembered it long enough to relay it to Loki. In time you arrived outside the dungeons. The guards paused here, patting you down in search of weapons. They took your rod, but thankfully didn't notice the tiny device tucked away in your ear. Once clear, a guard reached his hand up to Korg's neck, the Kronan pulling back slightly at the touch.

"A little unnecessary don't you think?" he asked the guard, who turned and did the same to you.

When his hand touched your neck, you felt the sharp prick of something stabbing your skin. You exclaimed slightly, recoiling from the touch. Lifting your hand to your neck, you felt a circular metal piece firmly placed there.

I do not want to get zapped by this thing.

No sooner had the thought crossed your mind, then the guard nodded to a man behind a window some feet away. The man looked down at an object you couldn't see. All you knew was that his hands were fiddling with something. Pain shot through your body and you were on the ground in an instant. You tried to move your arms or legs, but they weren't responding. It was as if they had gone numb, except you could feel the burning sensation coursing through them.

"They work," you heard someone laugh.

The pain stopped, but full control over your body didn't come back right away. You gingerly sat up, breathing deeply. Hands grabbed you from behind, dragging you across the floor and tossing you through a door. You landed hard on your elbow, being unable to properly cushion your fall, given your still tingling body.