Chapter 43: Orientation

Notes: I'm too tired to proof read the last half thoroughly. Enjoy everyone! It's 1AM and I'ma go to bed now. Oh, a user on AO3 made this into a podfic on that platform. If that's something you're into, their name is Morningsky on AO3. They had the first ten chapters done last I checked. The link is also attached at the end of my chapters on that website. Story has the same name there as it does here. K, that's all. Hope y'all are doing well!

Your mouth dropped open, the kind of shocked wide smile where you can't believe something is happening right in front of you.

"Oh, now that is a reaction," Yelena applauded, "That's what I'm talking about. Did any of you get that look?"

"How is she---how are you--uh hi, hi I'm uh, I'm Wren," you ended excitedly.

"I know, you're what this whole rescue mission is for! I didn't squeeze into a quinjet with all of these people without hearing who you were, Wren Arlington. And, I know," she held her hands up as if denying praise, "I'm the super cool little sister, Yelena. You've heard of me."

"Oh, so...so they uh, they filled you in on everything?"

"We're all movie characters and there's a purple alien we need to kill," she shrugged like it was nothing, "I think I got it."

"Uh, wh-why are you here?"

"I mean, if you don't want me here---" she started saying in an offended tone.

"You know what I mean," you laughed at her antics, "God, I love you. Sorry! I know that's probably super weir---"

"Why would it be weird, I am a very loveable person?"

"Depends on the hour," Nat snickered.

"Natasha! That hurts me, that really hurts," Yelena nodded sadly.

"Two super soldiers, now two Widows," Tony groaned, "Anyone else got a best friend or sibling with the exact same skill-set we don't know about?"

"I thought you liked me, Tony?" Yelena turned to him.

"I do, which is why I was thinking we replace the old candidates with the new. Both you and Barnes are less rigid than your counterparts," he answered casting a look at Rogers.

"I'm sorry, but seriously how are you here?" you asked again.

"Well, you see I flew in this plane---"

"I've had tabs kept on the apartment at Budapest, ever since you told me about how Yelena comes in," Nat answered.

"Yeah that was smart."

"Of course, which is why you didn't think of it," Loki spoke from his seat.

"Ouch, that was rude," Yelena noted, "Though I don't know her well enough to know if that is true, so I respect the dis either way," she nodded in approval, "Why are you so cranky though? I was told you were upset because she was gone, and I was hoping that the God of Mischief would be fun once we got her back. Or are you always this way?"

"He's pretty much always this way," Clint answered.

"From the man who doesn't live in the compound anymore," Loki shot back.

Loki defending himself instead of simply accepting how he appears to others? you thought in surprise.

"Ok, he kinda has a reason now," Rhodey defended Loki's attitude, "She has a thing for villains, and we found her sitting happily in his house. She didn't want us to go after him either," he looked accusingly at you.

"Wait, he wasn't there?" Bruce asked.

"No, he let me go."

"Why?" he continued.