Chapter 26: The Dance

Normal conversations broke out amongst the Avengers, the group evidently used to the shift from chaotic to calm. You, however, still felt a little jittery. You let yourself get lost in thought, content, for once, to just listen and not speak.

"I will visit Father and inform him that you are to stay the night as guests of Asgard," Thor was saying.

"Are you sure that's wise, brother?" Loki asked.

"Loki, I have never been surer--more surer--positive!" Thor stuttered, settling on the word with a smile.

"We get to wear Asgardian attire, right?" Tony asked, "Cuz I've been meaning to throw a toga party."

"You will be well equipped with your choice of Asgardian clothes, yes," Thor confirmed.

You noticed most of the guys didn't look too happy about that, which made you smile until you realized what that meant for you.

"Any point in asking if I can just have some sweatpants and a t-shirt?"

"If you can find some on Asgard, be my guest," Thor grinned.

"Is it really so much to ask of you all to dress somewhat decent for once in your lives?" Loki mumbled, wearing a permanent look of disdain on his face.

"You'll find the appeal in Midgardian garb, I can assure you, brother," Thor replied.

"When Jotunheim melts I will," Loki insisted.

"Well you certainly did a number on it with the bifrost, so you're half-way there," you quipped absent-mindedly, not really paying attention or looking for a reaction.

"Are you sure all of them need to stay?" Loki growled, glaring at you.

Thor, on the other hand, was laughing at you.

"Yes, Loki, especially Wren," he said annoyingly, nudging his brother, "Besides, it's good for someone to challenge you, healthy even."

"He'll be the healthiest goddamn man alive then," Sam said.

"Who here needs medical attention?" Thor asked, turning to the group in the middle of the hallway. "Barton? Your leg perhaps?"

"It's just sore," Clint declined, "A nap is what I need, thanks though buddy."

"Anyone else?" he asked again, scanning the group like a worried mother.

"Nothing that can't wash off," Nat smirked.

The Avengers had received some hits and scratches, but nothing major. As far as adversaries went, they had faced much worse before, thus the opponent rarely got the opportunity to lay a finger on them.

"You should get looked at," Steve said to you.

"I'm only scratched," you protested.

"It looks more than a scratch from here," he argued, "And even so, this was your first fight. You should take the help and make sure you didn't take any serious damage."

"I'm not going to say no to you Cap, but I still don't think I need to bother a doctor."

"You would," Loki rolled his eyes, "Despite hitting your head within a day of a concussion."

"It is settled," Thor declared, patting you on the shoulder, "Our healers will provide the best care, I can assure you. And Loki," he continued, turning to face his brother, "Since you seem invested in her well-being so much, you can take her there while I get the others situated."

Loki looked unhappily at his brother as you smirked.

"Guess you shoulda kept your mouth shut, huh?"

"I'm spending too much time around you, it would seem," he said with an insincere grin.