Chapter 12

You were having one of those random dreams. The kind of ones where your friends are all in it and it changes scenery about a hundred times and nothing really makes sense. Only, this one had the Avengers in it, which was fun. You and your friend were at the compound, planning something with the Avengers, when Loki appeared out of nowhere.

"Time to wake up," he said with a grin.

You opened your eyes and blinked a few times before staring up at the ceiling, forgetting where you were for a second. The pain behind your eyes reminded you of what had happened. Quickly sitting up, you looked around the room. You were sitting on a cot...or bed? Well, it definitely was a cot, but as far as cots went this was more comfortable than you imagined. It wasn't a plush queen-sized mattress, but it could be worse.

The cot was the only furniture in the room. The floor consisted of tan-colored stone, and the walls were gold. There was a thick door on the wall across from you, and a smaller door to the wall on your left. You gingerly stood up, not wanting the pain in your head to make you dizzy by rising too fast. Upon further examination, the thicker door seemed to be locked, presumably the exit out of here. The other door led to a rather small cubicle space containing just a toilet. The room was dimly lit by one torch in the corner between the entrance and the bathroom. Shadows engulfed most of the other side of the room, the light glint of gold indicating nothing but another wall.

Not a five-star establishment, you thought, but nicer than most movie dungeons.

That is where you assumed you were, the dungeons.

Hang on a second...these aren't what Asgardian jail cells looked like.

"Oh so I get the creepy-ass dungeon room, but Loki gets a nicely furnished jail cell and books? Typical." you muttered to yourself. "And he knocked me out," you squealed, "That son of a bitch."

"Do you ever stop talking?" Loki's voice called out smoothly with a hint of irritation.

You jumped about three feet, turning to see Loki step out of the shadows from across the room, his face set to that emotionless stare, as if still trying to figure you out without wanting to look confused.

"My Lord what is it with people in this universe having to scare the shit out of everyone with their surprise entrances?"

He smiled and tilted his head to one side.

"Oh dear, are you frightened of me?"

Knowing he wanted you to be, you decided to deny him that satisfaction.

"Ha, no. I just don't appreciate the heart attack," you answered, "Next time don't hide in the shadows, creep."

"And where's the fun in that?" he asked, still smirking and eyes slightly narrowed.

You thought for a moment.

"Ok, fair. You did get me to jump like six feet, so good job on the jumpscare."

He looked genuinely confused now.

"You're quite odd," he said, scrunching his face a bit as he took a step towards you.

"And you're a narcissistic psycho," you argued back, "So congratulations, we're both weird."

He froze with an adorably indecisive look on his face, his mouth opening and closing as if unable to decide how to respond to you.

You giggled, unable to hold it in.

"You see, like that!" he said, walking to you with an exasperated look on his face, "Why are you laughing?"

Any trace of intimidating Loki was gone, and left was the genuine face of the Loki commonly seen throughout Ragnarok. Any nerves you still had dissipated at this sight. It had honestly been hard work to keep a light-hearted mood around Loki, as he was very good at looking menacing. Finally, you had dug away at him until the act was up.