Chapter 25: The Collector

The Avengers, being much quicker at adapting to their surroundings, managed to stick the landing quite well. Those who tumbled turned it into a roll and pose, or used their skills to steady themselves, like Sam and his wings or Wanda and her powers. You were proud of yourself for not falling this time, but you definitely stumbled like an idiot looking for balance, and probably would have fallen had Wanda not grabbed your arm. You smiled gratefully at her, straightening up and looking around.

"Welcome, Avengers," Heimdall greeted, "It is an honor to meet you all. I have watched your work over the years with great admiration."

He received nods and mumbled thanks from the team, no one really knowing what to say or who should talk. Steve looked stunned by where he was, but shook his head and collected himself.

"Thank you," he said, stepping forward, "It's an honor to meet you as well. We appreciate the help you've always given Thor in times we couldn't be here for him."

"As do I," Heimdall said, "To know our Prince has such friends with him when away on Midgard is a great assurance."

"Eh, we do our best to keep him drunk and happy," Tony said.

"I do not get drunk from earthly beverages, Stark," Thor argued like it would be an embarrassment if he had.

"You get a little too energetic," Nat pointed out.

"I'm just an energetic sort of person. Afterall, who else here has lightning coursing through their veins, hmm?"

You snickered at the thought of the Cheez Whiz line from Endgame, earning a few turned heads from those nearest to you.

"I can assure you, you'd know when the Prince is drunk," Heimdall smiled.

"If we succeed today, I'll gladly show you," Thor said, walking towards the bifrost's entrance. "I assume Father is still resting?"

"He is much stronger, but, yes, he rests a great deal between the work he's doing to return the Nine Realms to safety."

Apparently, you were the only one who picked up on the fact that the Nine Realms weren't the same due to Loki's short rule. You glanced his way and saw a solemn expression he thought no one would notice, seeing as he had slipped his way to the back of the crowd.

"Then we shall not disturb him," Thor said, "If he should ask, tell him Loki and I are off with the Avengers. I'll fill him in when we return."

Thor stepped out onto the rainbow bridge, opening his arms wide and facing the group.

"Welcome, my friends, to Asgard!"

"Well shit," Tony muttered, taking in the sight with wide eyes.

"Long way from Budapest, isn't it?" Clint nudged Natasha.

"I'll say," she smiled back.

"It's beautiful," Wanda exhaled in wonder.

"It is indeed significantly more magnificent than I initially calculated," Vision agreed.

"I'll have to show you around when we return," Thor suggested joyfully, "And treat you to a true Asgardian celebration."

"Are you sure Odin will allow that? He already is unaware of the presence of the mortals," Loki stated.

"He will understand once we have success to show for it," Thor said light-heartedly, brushing Loki's concerns aside, "Besides, he seems more...well, relaxed, since coming home. Surely you noticed, brother?"

"I did," Loki answered quietly.

"He spoke kindly of you, and on your behalf," Thor pointed out.

Loki looked up in surprise, seeming to contemplate whether his brother was lying.