Chapter 27: The Library

You found yourself over by the drinks, and planned on getting one, had Thor's sly smile not stopped you in your tracks.

"What?" you asked him.

"Nothiiiing," he drawled with a snort at the end.

"Clearly it's something."

He stumbled a few steps towards you, throwing his arm around you and staring into your eyes seriously...or rather, he tried to stare, if he could focus on anything. He held your gaze as best he could, looking like he was trying to remember what he was going to say. It must have come to him, because he broke into a big grin once more.

"What?" you prompted him again, not that you were going to get anything from him in this state. It was just amusing at this point to see him struggle.

"MY BRUVTHER" he yelled in your face, but quieted his tone once seeing your reaction. "Lllloki," he whispered, drawing out the L for emphasis and giving you a wink.

"Yes, he is your brother," you nodded, ignoring his implication.

"Nah nah nah nah nah, I know, I know. Heard it with my own eyes," he stated, pointing a finger at you.

"Heard what?" you laughed.

"You and him, and him and you, you know, dancing," he explained, waving his hand around.

"Uh-huh," you said gently, leading him towards his friends at the bar, "Yup, that's good," you said like you were talking to a baby as he walked.

"I know you know? You and him, and the dance, and...and my brother's look," he continued rambling, you just nodding and giving an "mhmm" to everything.

"And the way he smiled when—"

"Hey Thor!" you said eagerly, cutting him off.

"What?!" he asked just as energetically, nearly falling as he jerked his head to you.

"How bout another drink?"

"I knew I liked you," he said, before getting in a laughing fit that lasted right up until you had dropped him in the capable hands of a drunk Warriors Three and Tony.

Having successfully delivered Thor, you turned around and almost ran right into Sam. The look on his face said it all.

"I already heard it from a drunk Thor," you sighed.

"I wasn't going to say anything," he lied with a smile. "Besides, you'll hear enough of it from Tony when he finds out."

"Which he won't!" you said, giving him a threatening look. "He's drunk enough for the both of us, so he won't remember anything Thor might tell him. And NO ONE is going to tell him when he's sober, right?"

"You'll owe me," Sam said, looking over his shoulder as if someone might overhear, "but I won't say anything."

"To anyone right? Something tells me Clint wouldn't be too happy."

"I won't tell anyone. And I can't say I'm exactly happy either," he answered, folding his arms. "Wanna tell me what that was all about?"

You went to explain, but honestly you didn't know yourself what it had all been about.

"I don't know," you shrugged, chuckling like it was nothing, "Loki just said he wanted to dance, but he's not sure how people feel about him here yet."

"Like that man cares," he scoffed, "Sounds like another lie."

"And what did his lie accomplish?"

"Did you see your face after the dance?"

When your confused expression was all the answer he got, Sam rolled his eyes.