When Enemies Became Friends at Christmas (Yarnhub) (Christmas 2021)

Jr: Happy Christmas Folks, we'll be watching something that is related to this

Everyone was wearing their Santa Hats, except for a few Scrooges and Grinches.

The video starts with the Narrator doing his thing.

We were greatly inspired by Sabaton's new song Christmas Truce when making this video. You can stream it now and pre-order their upcoming album The War To End All Wars in the link in the description.

Yamikumo: Really?

Saitama: Why do people liking to advertise weird things for profit

It's the night of December 24th, 1914 on the Western Front. The industrial might of the new 20th century has been forced into a war that has been going on for 8 months. Everyone thought it would be over by Christmas, but sadly such hope have now died alongside the young men in the clinging mud and cold of the trenches.

Ibara: Why must they battle the night before Lord Jesus's Birthday

All For One: A Special Day doesn't mean that everything can be avoided for that day

Jr: He is right, you gotta give him that

On the run up to Christmas there were efforts to start peace.

Tomura: (Laughs) There will never be Peace

Della: (Are you sure about that)

Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Olley: (Just you wait)

Over 100 British women had written an open letter to the Women of Germany and Austria calling for the women to unite and push for peace at Christmas. Pope Benedict XV begged the warring governments to call a truce and asked that "the gun may fall silent at least once the night the angels sang". But all these efforts were for nothing as the generals refused the requests and war continued to slog on without interruption. In the trenches sometimes just 30 metres apart the men of both sides often shout insults to each other above the sounds of battle.

President Mic: Those guys have strong vocals for a loud battle

On Christmas eve the enthusiasm for battle just isn't there with the men on all sides they are disheartened to be away from their families at Christmas for the very first time.

Shoto: I can relate

Endeavor: YOU WERE AT HOME WITH US

Shoto: I meant before with mom

Rei: Oh Shoto

Suddenly a cry comes over from the German side. In broken English.

Bakuhoe: Is it another damn insult

"Tomorrow, you no shoot, we no shoot!"

Everyone: What?

Deku: They must want to warm their hearts for this peace

Bakuhoe: IT'S A FUCKING TRAP

Kota, Eri, Mahoro, and Katsuma: OH SHUT IT

The British and French are incredulous. Then along the trenches, there's a movement. The British on alert keep watch on the enemy activity. But instead of seeing the sight of men going over the top this time, pushed up above the top of the trenches Christmas trees start to appear along the German lines, lit up by flickering candles. Is it a ruse, could it be real? On the wind, drifting across no man's land, there's a sound of hope. It's the sound of cheer.