𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 65

"They're here", he says walking in with a nurse rushing in behind. "Alright let's take a look to see how dilated you are then if you just prop your legs up so we can take a look", she says putting a paper layer over my legs as mattheo stands at the side.

"Okay we are making progress", she says. "Your around 5 cm which is at the half way point are you sure you don't want an epidural"? She asks. "No I just need something for the pain", I say as she stands back up. "Alright I'll have to go and grab you some stronger medication I won't be long", she says walking out.

"How bad is it"? Mattheo asks looking down at me. "Like someone's just stabbed me in the fucking stomach what do you think", I say as his eyes widen. "Bad question", he says walking over to the window. "Oh right I messaged Isla and everyone telling them that your here and all", he says turning around.

"Oh shit I forgot to tell them", I say. "It's fine I told them when we got here", he says. "What the fuck is this"? He says finding a ball at the side of the room bouncing it off the wall. "It's a fucking exercise ball fucking put it down", I say as he sits on it. "Where are these drugs I don't like the feisty you", he says as a nurse walks in.

"Glad to see you making use of the ball", she says smiling before handing me some tablets and water. "These should work in the next 20 minutes but this is the last dose we can give you I'm afraid", she says. "They better work then", I say taking them before she leaves.

"Will you stop messing with everything", I say looking over at mattheo rolling around on the ball. "Shhh I'm entertaining myself", he says looking up at me. "Oh yeah my aunt is here", he says. "What when did she get here"? I ask. "Like an hour ago I missed her message but she isn't allowed in until someone lets her", he says. "You can go and get her if you want", I say.

"She talks a lot are you sure you will be able to put up with it"? He asks. "Mattheo it's much better then watching you bounce around", I say as he stands up. "I'll be back then", he says walking out.

10 minutes later**

"Where is she"? A voice says walking into the room to reveal tess stood in the doorway. "I'm so excited oh my", she says walking in. "How are you love"? She asks. "Dying inside", I say as she laughs. "Trust me I was the same once you get all drugged up the pain fades a bit until the actual labour part", she says. "Hurts like a bitch", she says. "Tess that is not really helping", mattheo says sitting back down on the ball.

"Sorry dear how dilated are you then"? She asks. "5cm", I say back. "That sucks", she says. "Right well I have 20 minutes allowed in here before I'm being chucked out of here", she says. "What did you do this time", I say laughing. "Okay but before I tell you it was not my fault okay the woman was behind me and I stepped back and she fell off the wheelchair okay totally her fault", she says laughing.

"Poor girl", I say laughing. "Hey she had nothing wrong with her it's her fault for pissing about when I was trying to find you", she says. "Yeah we have been here for ages but mattheo decided to fall asleep for hours leaving me here in pain", I say. "But hey at least he won't fall asleep when the baby's here then", I say.

We talked for around half an hour before the nurses shooed her out as it was only meant to be 2 in this room due to the sizing and because of overcrowding in the hospital.

It was around 10pm by the time we had settled again and mattheo laid at the side of me on the chair again resting his head against the frame of the bed whilst we sat there watching a movie before nurses came in to check on me again.

"Alright how are we"? One of them says walking in. "Have the medicine set in by now"? She asks. "Yeah there getting rid of the pain slightly", I say. "Okay that's good you should be around 6cm now so we will bring in the gas and air for you to have as the medicine doesn't last long due to the amount you took", she says.

"This will start to happen a lot faster now so we would like to get prepared with the equipment ready for when you hit 10cm so we can deliver the baby safely", she says. "Ok that's fine", I say.

Fast forward an hour later**

"Stop fucking sucking all the gas and air", I say snatching the tube from mattheo. "I need it more than you", I say inhaling it. "At this point in time we both fucking need it", he says taking it from me again as I lay there. "Why does it hurt so bad", I say. "It's just a part of life but think of it in a couple hours top this will all be over and she will be here", he says.

"Don't think about the bad parts think about the good parts and the memories your going to have", he says. "What the fuck is taking them so long she wants to fucking come out now not in 2 hours", I say as the midwifes come in all gloves up in aprons.

"Right one last check to see how far along we have okay", she says. "I know it hurts but can you just lift you legs up onto here", she says before placing a cover sheet over my legs. "Okay your 8", she says. "Baby should be starting to enter the canal that attaches to the womb soon so you will start to feel the baby moving around soon", she says.

"So what I can't push yet", I say. "No no don't push it vital we need you to be 10cm at least in order for the baby's head to fit", she says. "I don't care if it doesn't fit why can't you just pull her out or something", I say as mattheo holds onto my hand. "It's okay 2 more cm and that will be it you've done 8 already 2 more is nothing", he says.

"Can I not take any more drugs or something", I say. "No I'm sorry if you take any more you could overdose", she says. "Let's just get this over with", I say as they all go out to get the equipment ready.

2 hours later**

Yes 2. More.

Y/n's pov**

It took half an hour for me to be 10cm before they could start the whole procedure mattheo sat down for some of it as he felt faint. Which I didn't expect at all but hey at least he didn't fall asleep.

I was in labour for just over an hour before ivy was finally here. Finally here to explore the world that she deserves with me and mattheo which is all I've ever wanted since being with him.

Because it was my first pregnancy I expected it to be hard but I knew I'd get through it with mattheo by my side, like the nurses explained to me at one of my checkups that it can take longer as it's the first born.

I remember them passing ivy over into my arms as soon as she was born to get skin to skin contact to help her bond with me before they took her to a small table to examine her quickly whilst finishing up with me as some leave which left 2 still working on ivy whilst mattheo watches.

"You done it", he whispers kissing my forehead as they bring her back over wrapped in a blanket. "We done it", I say as her hands rests on his finger. God she was tiny.

"You should get some rest", he says looking over at me. "You've been up all night you deserve to rest up", he says. "I don't want to leave her", I say. "She's fine I'll look after her I won't let anything happen to her rest up for tomorrow", he says as I pass her to him.

"I'll be right here", he says sitting down next to me on the chair as she falls asleep in his arms.