𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 66

The next morning**

I woke up to find mattheo wide awake on the chair with ivy is his arms in the same clothes from last night. "Morning", he says looking up at me. "Happy birthday", I say as he smiles. "Did you stay awake all night"? I ask. "No don't worry I stayed up until you fell asleep", he says.

"I'm sorry I don't have your presents with me", I say as he looks up. "Your forgetting ivy", he says. "This is the best present I've ever had", he says. "I'm glad you like her", I say smiling. "It was a joint effort", he says smirking. "Give over", I say laughing.

"She hasn't even cried once last night", he says. "Probably saving the cries for the dorm rooms", I say laughing. "She's going to be a pain", he says. "But it's fine everyone will love her", he says as a midwife walks in.

"Hey how is the new family doing", she says. "Good thank you so much for everything", I say as she walks over. "It's my pleasure you should expect someone to come in in around 20 minutes with a birth certificate along with paperwork's for your discharges", she says.

"We can go home today"? Mattheo asks. "Yes we looked back over on the scans and on the last one she was an extra 2 weeks which means that she has fully developed so you should be able to leave once the papers are all signed", she says.

"Are you guys going to be using formula or breast milk"? She asks. "Formula", I say. "Okay that's fine do you have any with you today"? She asks. "Yeah there should be some in the hospital bag in the door", I say. "Okay that's great I'll go and get you a bottle to use and make the milk for you you are free to use the shower or bath across the corridor it's fully secure you just use the key for the room and there's lockers and everything for your stuff", she says. "Okay thank you", i say as she walks out with the formula.

-

"You want me to come with you"? Mattheo asks. "No it's fine I'll shower when we get back I just want to get out of here", I say as someone walks in. "Riddle"? They ask as we both nod. "They really need to update these rooms I've been all over looking for you", she says laughing.

"Alright so I have the birth certificate and other bits you can keep", she says placing some things on the side table. "I also have the milk for you", she says passing it to mattheo before picking up some paperwork.

"Alright so I guess now I go through some rules and stages from having a baby then", she says. "Right so there isn't many but you will bleed for up to around 30 days some people bleed more some bleed less".

"You will also have to rest and not over do anything for 6-8 to fully become yourself again, you did also have stitches which can open up if you do anything within 3-4 weeks which does mean no sexual intercourse", she says.

"You may experience abdominal pain but don't worry you can just take some pain meds to take it away it's just the uterus shrinking back into its original size", she says.

"Your stomach won't be hard anymore since the baby is out now it will feel like a sort of water balloon which freaks people out but it looks like yours has already gone down", she says.

"Is that fine"? I ask. "Yes it's perfectly normal for some mother's stomach to deflate it's probably due to you being smaller than other mothers but it is pretty normal", she says.

"That's mostly everything we also had someone drop off some things for you before", she says. "What things"? I ask. "They bought in a new car for you and a car seat which we put in for you because they didn't know how", she says laughing.

"Who"? I ask looking at mattheo. "Tom", he says smirking. "Oh right", I say. "That's mostly everything you are free to go whenever someone comes to get you so I wish you the best of look and congrats", she says walking out.

"Help me change"? I ask looking over at mattheo as he stands up putting ivy back in her blanket. "Wheres your ring"? He asks helping me up. "Shit", I say looking around on the side table before finding it next to a bottle. "Here", I say putting it on. "Must of took it off last night", I say smiling.

"What clothes do you want"? He asks walking into the bathroom looking through my bag. "I don't know find anything", I say as he walks back in with some clothes.

"Pass me your leg", he says holding out his hand. "Mattheo I cannot lift my leg any higher do you want me to rip my stitches", I say as he bends down fitting the leggings over my ankle.

"Your going to kill me", he says smirking. "Oh be quiet Isla can help me some days", i say smiling. "You most though", I say smiling. "Does your dad know and that"? I ask. "Yeah I messaged him and everyone last night when you fell asleep letting them know", he says.

"They all wanted to come but weren't allowed so be prepared for a tsunami of people trying to see ivy", he says. "Can't wait", i say smiling. "Lift up your arms", he says fitting my shirt over my head before a nurse comes in watching him dress me.

"Hi I'm going to be discharging you soon I just popped in to make sure mother and baby were dressed and everything was packed away", she says. "We will also take out the needle in your hand and get these wires and monitors off for you", she says walking over switching them off.

"Alright and just a sharp pinch", she says taking the needle out before taking off the tape around it. "Alright so I'll just put this all away aswell as extra equipment left around and then you should be ready to go if that's good with you"? She asks.

"Yeah that's perfect thanks", mattheo says standing up. "No problem I won't be long", she says pushing the monitors out the room as the wires trail behind.

"I didn't bring any baby clothes", I say looking over at ivy. "It's fine Isla came with Tom and bought her some your going to love it", he says walking over to the bag at the side holding up matching clothes to mine in a smaller size. "Omg im going to kill her I said not to buy me anything", I say sitting down on the bed.

"Think of it as her first outfit", he says bringing her over putting her down infront of me. "Can she even wear clothes yet or just diapers"? I ask. "I actually have no clue but it looks like it will fit her so I guess so", he says unwrapping the blanket before we dress her.

"Perfect", he says as I lift her up. "Matching", I say smiling. "Are you good with her whilst I get ready"? He asks. "Yeah don't be too long incase she comes back", I say as he walks into the bathroom. "I won't", he says placing a kiss on my forehead.

-

"Are we ready"? The nurse says as we stand up with mattheo carrying the bags along with me holding ivy. "Yep all set where did he park the car"? I ask. "Follow me I'll show you he just parked it at the side so you didn't have to walk around the car park", she says as we walk down the hospital corridor.

"Fucking hate the smell of hospitals", he says pulling a face. "Watch your fucking language", I say. "There's a fucking baby next to you", I say. "You just swore more than me", he says smirking. "Oh fuck", I say as he laughs. "It's alright it she won't remember", I say smiling.