Chapter Ninety-Four: The Final War of the Fifteenth City

-chapter start-

THIRD PERSON

The beginning of the real Territory Wars happened.

However, no one expected it to end like this.

Sure, Finn was always expected to compete with Marcella. Lalo na nang malamang siya si Sparrow. It was a battle awaiting to happen.

But not between the two alliances. Blood Vanguard is known for being untouchable, while Lone Wolves was an outcast of all alliances. They don't move as one, but rather focuses on individual's interest. Nagawa lang naman ang alyansa para makaalis sila sa Metropolis.

So the Lone Wolves marching towards the other's territory was already surprising. And Marcella's words of war took the attention of many - from the battle-hungry players of both alliances and the undying interests of neutral factions.

Dalawang Vanguard players ang umatake kay Finn. She jumped back before they could reach, throwing her kunai at their legs. The black blade cut through the cloth, drawing blood and slowing down their movements.

Ang malapit sa kaniyang mga Vanguards ay sumulong. Finn's back looks vulnerable at anyone's perspective. And so, they didn't expect the surge of shadows that exploded from her body, creating a thorn of shadow spikes that made them go cold.

Sa isang banda naman ay matindi rin ang pakikipaglaban ni Marcella. Holding her mighty sword dagger, she slashed her blade at every blue and white players. Her movements were clean, precise, and filled with power. There was no need for speed and stealthness, because the players would make way for her attacks.

Isang hangal na Wolves ang biglang tumakbo papunta sa likod niya, weapon up and obviously aiming to kill her. Nang sobrang lapit na nito ay agad siyang humarap, thrusting her hand out and fire blasted from her palm, burning the player.

Napakalakas ng sigaw nito na pumunta sa kanila ang atensiyon ng lahat. Ang kasamahan ng manlalaro ang tumulong gamit ang water magic nito. But that left an impact to the others.

This was no joke.

Marcella was here to kill. It was a real war.

Mas naging agresibo sila. Every player inside the warground increased their magic power and strength. Hindi na pagdepensa ang nasa isip nila, kung hindi ang talagang maeliminate ang kanilang kaaway.

"Shit." Dierran cursed as he tried to block each of his opponent's strikes. "You're not here to kill us. Kailangan niyo lang makuha ang territory, 'di ba?"

When the man raised his eyes, Dierran went cold at the emotions. The stare was filled with bloodlust and he was absolutely creepy when he answered, "Kung hindi ako makikipaglaban dito para pumatay, ako ang mamamatay."

Dierran was rendered speechless. His eyes roamed around the players who were intent in killing. He couldn't believe it. Was that the point of this game? To have a dog-eat-dog world?

Mabilis siyang umiwas nang muli umatake ang kaaway. He crouched and went past his opponent, raising his arm to elbow his back. A pained cough left his opponent's mouth before landing on the ground. Tahimik niya itong nilagay sa gilid para hindi aksidenteng matamaan at inikot ang mata sa paligid.

It was truly chaos. Everyone was swallowed by the spirit of war.

Maki avoided a punch from his left and landed a horse kick on the opponent's stomach. Hindi pa siya tumigil at hinigit ang collar nito para biyayaan ng isang malakas na suntok. Black-out ang tao nang mahiga sa lupa. Maki rolled his eyes and blew the dirt from his fingers, making sure every nail is well-polished and clean.