4.3

sillie juggled the three balls in her hands as braeden placed her feet onto the table

peter gave her a look. "the table's italian."

"so are these boots," braeden deadpanned.

derek chuckled, always finding it funny when peter wasn't happy.

sillie grinned.

"are we going to talk interior design and fashion or are we going to talk numbers?" 

peter sighed.

"numbers. peter, hurry up," sillie demanded.

he gave her a look next before writing on the paper, sliding it to braeden.

she read it, crossing it out and writing her preferred number. she slid it back.

sillie looked at the number, nodding her head while peter scoffed.

"we're hiring you to find kate, not assassinate the president," peter deadpanned.

"that's not true," sillie argued.

braeden nodded. "i was hired by the calaveras to find kate. you're hiring me to find her first. going against the calaveras is what's going to cost you."

peter rolled his eyes, writing another number down.

braeden didn't even look at it before sliding it back.

he scoffed again, standing up. 

derek huffed, snatching the paper and ripping it. "we'll pay."

peter's head snapped over, his face showing how flabbergasted he was.

sillie nodded. "just find kate, brae."

"that's all we want," derek agreed.

braeden smiled. then she was leaving, giving sillie a hug before going.

peter slammed the door shut, turning to the two. "are you insane?!"

"we don't have a choice," derek stated. "we spent a week looking for her and came up with nothing."

"if we don't find out who told kate about the vault, we don't get those bonds back! what do you think i'm gonna do then, huh? get a job? my resume is slightly out of date. we got robbed, derek. robbed!" he grabbed their shoulders, turning them around.

sillie growled while derek shifted, roaring at peter and gripping his wrist.

peter breathed heavily, seeing derek's eyes yellow. "well, that's a new look for you."

derek dropped his wrist.

sillie sighed, jumping up onto the table and sitting there.

"what happened to your eyes?" peter demanded. he looked at sillie. "are yours-"