5.4

sillie stared at her phone, wondering why none of the kids had texted or called

sillie stared at her phone, wondering why none of the kids had texted or called. usually they did by the hour separately.

"everything ok?" derek wondered.

she sighed, turning off her phone and putting it down. "yeah, it's nothing. i'm probably just being dramatic or something."

"no, hey. what is it?" he put down the book, staring at her.

"it's just... the kids. they haven't called or texted like they usually do. it just feels like something's wrong." sillie sighed.

derek frowned, trying to think of what to say.

"something's wrong," sillie muttered, getting her phone. she looked at the contacts in the group chat before letting her finger just click on one.

me
hey lydia, is everything alright?

"what do you mean 'something's wrong'?" derek inquired.

"i d- i don't know," she admitted. "i just... i have a feeling, something's wrong, something's happening." she sighed. "i should... you know what, i should just get in the jeep and drive there. to check on them, you know. just-just in case. you never know, there could be something happening and they need me-"

"baby, baby, whoa." derek stopped her before she got up. "one, you're not driving to fucking california while pregnant and while there's a weird-ass werewolf attacking us. two, there's no need to go there just to check on them. we can call them - all of them. and three, i'm sure they're fine. scott's there, they'll be ok."

sillie sighed. "fine. i won't - yet. but i'm going if something wrong or someone's hurt." she took out her phone, dialing stiles' number. "call scott, i've got stiles." she held the phone to her ear.

it rung a few times.

"uh, sils, now isn't totally the best time..." stiles exclaimed, the sound of roscoe driving fast in the background.

"is everything ok?" she asked, ignoring his words. "you guys haven't been contacting me as much and i have a bad feeling."

"shit," stiles whispered. "what-what kind of bad feeling? like, supernatural or mother figure feeling?"

"i don't know, stiles, it's a feeling! i don't know how to explain it. something feels wrong so i'm calling to check in."

the brakes slammed on stiles' end. doors opened then slammed shut, footsteps rushing.

"ok, well- oh shit!" stiles exclaimed, staring at all of the blood at the station in shock.

"scott ignored my call," derek muttered.

"where's scott, he ignored derek's call apparently," sillie informed.

"uh, righ-right here..." stiles whispered some incoherent things. "he's a bit busy. um, we're a bit bu-" his breath got caught in his throat. "lydia..."