5.2

baby betahey sils? ur a girl right?

baby beta
hey sils? ur a girl right?

sillie stared at her phone with her eyebrows raised. "liam, what the-" she sighed.

me
yes, liam, i'm a woman. why do you ask

baby beta
ok so there's this girl yea? and ive known her from 6 grade. weve also hated each other since because of a... thing. and now im wearing shorts because she put gum on my seat during history. i tried talking to her she said shes vengeful. i dont know what to do

me
what happened in 6th grade that makes you guys hate each other?

baby beta
...
i may or may not have accidentally MAJORLY ACCIDENTALLY given her a black eye and she broke my nose

me
i like this girl

baby beta
SILLIE

me
whatever. anyway, what'd you text me for?

baby beta
i need to know how to get her to not be vengeful

me
no clue, ask lydia

baby beta
she's busy im asking u

me
maybe try to spend time with her? i dunno, liam

baby beta
that wont work though, she hates me

me
i don't know what to tell you, i'm sorry. i mean, you could apologize and start from there

baby beta
its worth a shot
thanks sils

sillie sighed. "isaac! check on your brother later, he's probably gonna get his ass kicked."

"which one?" isaac called.

"liam; just check on him later."

≡≡≡

"i failed my drivers test," malia complained. "he said 'there's room for improvement'."

these kids, i swear, sillie thought.

"maybe it's cause you're not all that good of a driver. just, practice with lydia and kira. they'll help."

malia sighed. "i don't see why i need these tests. can't i just, y'know, drive?"

"you'll run someone over, mal."

"i-" malia stopped talking. "i gotta go, i have to meet scott, kira, and stiles in the library."

"see ya, have fun." sillie hung up. "oh my god."

derek looked over. "can't take it anymore?" 

"nope. they're driving me insane." sillie tossed her phone on the couch. "i can't deal with their shit-"

"cause of the pregnancy, yep." derek nodded. he sighed. "are you sure the better choice is for them to not know?"

sillie took a deep breath. "yeah, i'm sure, der. cause, what if something happens? we talked about this - what if kate comes back and tries something? if she gets those kids, they could slip and accidentally tell her about us and the baby. or she could get into their heads somehow. then she'll come after us, like she always does. this time i'm having the upper hand in case if it happens. and most importantly, i'm keeping this baby safe."

≡≡≡

little man
i found theo's papers and his dad's signatures to get him enrolled. the signatures are different
*one file attached*
and don't tell me they're the same, they're not. they're completely different

sillie opened the picture that had two papers next to each other, staring at the signatures differently.

me
they're not the same, you're right. i mean, they're not completely different either, but they're not the same

little man
yes! thank you! 
someone isn't someone. i just had to make sure i was right
by the way, something's up with dad

sillie furrowed her eyebrows.

me
what's up with dad? is he ok?

little man
yeah, yeah, it's just... something's different. i dunno what

me
alright, well. just be subtle when you do your digging with dad and theo. i love you, little man

little man
i love you too, sils

≡≡≡

"hey, mom?" isaac called from his room. "do you know where my book went?"

"which one?" sillie asked.

"uh, it's it's kind of a funny story."

"it's down here," derek exclaimed, seeing the book on the living room table.

isaac jogged down the stairs, heading to the living room. "thanks." he grabbed it. then he went into the kitchen, where sillie was eating some leftovers. he eyed the rice. "can i have some?"

sillie looked up. "yeah, of course."

isaac smiled, grabbing a fork. he took some rice, shoving it in his mouth before an alarm started going off.

sillie tensed, looking over at the door.

derek got up quickly, giving sillie and isaac a look. he went to the door, checking through the peep hole. he looked back at them and shook his head.

sillie clenched her jaw. "isaac, go upstairs."

"wh-" he started.

sillie raised an eyebrow. "go. upstairs."

isaac hesitated before complying, only staying by the stairs behind the wall. 

sillie moved next to derek, ignoring his look. "shut up and open the door." she flicked out her claws.

"you should go up too, baby," derek muttered. "who knows, it could be nothing or something really big."

"exactly, so there's no way in hell i'm going up. now open it."

derek sighed before doing as told, the two peering their heads into the hall and looking left and right.

no one was there.

"maybe it was just a mix up," derek suggested. "no one's here."

sillie grit her teeth. "it better be." 

they went back in and shut the door, locking it.

≡≡≡

"hey," sillie greeted. "what's up?"

"i know what's different with dad," stiles mumbled. 

"w-"

"he's not wearing his wedding ring."

sillie inhaled sharply, taking a moment. "he's what?"

"he took off his ring," he repeated. "that's what's different."

alex speaking,.
sorry this took forever, i was really busy this weekend and all break with my aunt, uncle, and cousin having covid on my dad's side, my cousin on my mom's side having it, and then my friend and their mom, everything with me mentally, all of that bullshit. it's just been a lot, so, yeah :)