Game 2, Day 3 (Afternoon)

WARNING - Torture scene. If you are fine with torture scenes then read ahead, but be wary if you aren't a fan of gore.

~

Gabriella Donnelly POV

"Are you going to talk?"

I lifted my battered and bruised face, glaring up at the girl standing above me. Her arms were crossed over her chest and her lips were tilted upwards in a cruel smirk, confidence and smugness oozing from every pore.

"Not giving in, eh?"

I refused to back down. I refused to relent and communicate with this bitch. I glared up at Xenia, hatred in my eyes.

"Fine then. Be that way."

Xenia swung back her foot and then launched it into my stomach, a vicious growl on her face. I instinctively cried out as she kicked me and I jerked forward slightly, slumping over with a groan of pain. I heard a cold laugh from above me, and then she kicked me again in the ribs. I heard something crack. Suddenly Xenia grabbed my face and jerked my head up by the chin, her grip like steel on my jaw. Her cold blue eyes burned into mine.

"If you want to live, you'll fucking talk," Xenia hissed menacingly. My eyes flickered up to hers, and a smug, almost sarcastic smirk spread across my face. I worked up a mouthful of blood and saliva and spat it in her face, watching as her features went from horrified to enraged.

"You little bitch," she hissed. She raised her fist, and before I could even comprehend what she was doing, her fist had collided with my temple. I cried out, feeling an overwhelming pain rush through my skull, and then everything went dark.

Summer Clementine POV

"Summer?"

I yawned and stretched out my arms, my gaze flitting upwards to the person speaking. It was Ali. She looked uncomfortable, shuffling her feet and wringing her hands together.

"Yea?"

"Do you want me to go?"

I frowned, looking up at her. I'll admit, I didn't really want her in the alliance in the first place. Five was too many, too risky. But I didn't want her to be cast out onto the streets with nothing more than a crappy butterknife, either. She was fierce and determined and nimble, but she would be no match for someone like Cedric. And I had the feeling that he had been lingering around this area after getting blinded by Dianna. He was vindictive and cruel, he had undoubtedly been out for revenge.

"No, I don't," I murmured, "You can stay."