Game 3, Day 3 (Morning)

Christopher Chambers POV

"What?" Camille asked, sounding stupified.

"I'm not fucking around, it's a hand and it's moving!" Rudy roared. "Guys, we need to pull them out."

"Why?" Doug asked, panic in his voice, "How do we know this isn't a trick?"

"I doubt someone would bury themselves for a trick!" I snapped, running forward. "Help, guys. We need to get them out."

"Shouldn't we just leave them? It'll eliminate competition," Doug suggested weakly, hesitantly.

"Well I don't know about you, but I'd never be able to forgive myself if someone died and I knew I could prevent it." Camille answered in a panic. Rudy crawled forward towards the flailing hand, then grabbed onto its forearm. The hand immediately latched onto Rudy's arm, and a brief expression of terror crossed his vision. He was frozen for a moment, his wide eyes staring at the arm protruding from the ground.

"Rudy," Camille whispered, resting a hand on his shoulders, "Snap out of it."

Rudy shook his head vigorously, pulled from his terror by Camille, and he latched onto the arm once more, beginning to pull upwards. Part of the arm came up through the sand, but Rudy looked like he was struggling to pull the person up.

"Guys, help," he managed to cough out. Camille immediately dashed forward and grabbed onto the arm, her hands resting on top of Rudy's, and the pair continued to pull the person from the ground. After a few moments, a sandy, blonde head began to peep out from the sand. I instantly dashed forward as more of the person emerged from the sand and reached down into the sand, finding the persons torso and beginning to pull them from the sand.

"It's alright," I murmured, my head resting against the back of the girls head as I pulled her from the sand, "You're fine, you're fine." The girl sobbed quietly.

Finally, enough of the girls body was out of the sand that she was able to pull the rest of herself up. Rudy and Camille let go of her arm and she laid on the ground, sobbing. I released her torso from my grip, and quickly realized it was one of the twins - Misty or Renee. Where the other was, I wasn't certain.

All of a sudden, the girl lurched backwards and towards the sand pit, and began to dig at the sand furiously. Then, she began to scream something. Her voice was croaky and gritty, but I was still able to tell what she was saying.

"Don't worry!" she shrieked, digging frantically at the sand, "I'm coming, just hold on!"

Camille let out a deep sigh, a saddened look on her face as she stared at the girl. Whether this was Misty or Renee, she obviously didn't know that her twin was dead.

"Stop!" Doug yelled, running forward and towards the girl. She screamed and writhed, attempting to free herself from Doug's grip.

"LET ME GO!" she screamed, "I HAVE TO GET TO RENEE!"

So this was Misty.

"Misty..." Rudy began slowly, almost hesitantly, "Renee's dead."

"NO!" Misty screamed, "NO, SHE'S NOT!"
"Her face was in the sky," Camille said softly. Misty stopped struggling against Doug, and her whole body seemed to sag as the weight of Camille's words struck her. Then, she began to sob once more.

"Misty, who buried you here?" I asked carefully. Misty trembled and shook her head vigorously, coughing up the sand in her lungs violently.

"I-I don't know," she stammered, "We were arguing and then someone knocked me out... then I woke up and I was buried. I landed weirdly so a lot of my face was covered by my shirt, so I could sort of breathe, but there was a lot of sand and-" she stopped speaking abruptly, interrupted by another coughing fit.