District 10 Interviews

Universal POV

"Hello, Panem, and welcome back to the interviews!" Jakub Jollyman shouted, "Please welcome District 10 to the stage! Show 'em your love, people!"

The crowd roared as the six tributes stepped onstage, grinning and waving to the crowd. Shay had her long, black hair pulled up into an elegant braided updo, and wore a long black and white gown that fell to her ankles. Daphne's hair was no longer hanging around her face in wild, frizzy locks, but was now halfway down her back and straightened - it must have taken absolutely hours - and had intricately woven braids strewn throughout her hair. She wore a short, seafoam coloured dress and a long, golden chain hung around her neck. Rosalie wore a short dress with all the colours of the sunset, with reds and yellows and oranges and pinks all swirling together in a gradient pattern. Her long, dirty blonde hair hung loose around her face in natural curls, accentuating her features and framing her face. Tim had on a dark blue tuxedo with a midnight blue tie, and his hair was gelled and slicked back. Phillip had on a white dress shirt and black pants, and the curls in his hair had been accentuated and exaggerated. Will had on a black and white tuxedo, nothing special. The six tributes sat down, and Jakub turned his attention to Shay.

"So, Shay, what do you think of the Capitol?" Jakub asked. Shay crinkled her nose and cocked her head to the side, a pondering look on her face.
"It's okay, I guess," she muttered, "I mean, you have good food and good clothes and stuff like that. And you have fancy showers as well."
The audience chuckled. Jakub grinned. "Well, we are luxurious here in the Capitol."
"Yea," Shay said louder, as though gaining confidence, "It's weird that here you seem to have far more than you could possibly even need, whilst back in the districts half the population is so starved they resort to pawing through garbage. Rather weird."
"Okay, that's enough, Shay," Jakub smiled. He turned to Daphne next.

"Hello, Daphne!" He smiled.
"Hiya!" Daphne grinned back.
"May I say, you look absolutely darling. You could be a model for a Capitol child's magazine!"
"Nah thanks, I'm not photogenic," Daphne mumbled. The audience laughed, and Jakub chuckled along. Daphne dipped her head awkwardly and half-smiled at the crowds.
"You're plenty photogenic, Daphne! I'm telling ya, modelling's in your blood!" Jakub chortled, "But lets get back to business. Daphne, who would you say is your biggest threat?"
"Eh..." Daphne trailed off, "I'm not exactly strong so lots of people are threats. The biggest threat to my safety is probably Jay Mann, though. He seems to have it out for my alliance."
"Hmm, okay," Jakub said happily, "Now onto Rosalie!"

"Hi, Jakub!" Rosalie smiled broadly.
"So Rose - is it alright if I call you that?"
"Sure thing, Jakub!" Rosalie grinned, her smile just as perfect and just as plastic as ever.
"Rose, who do you think is your smallest threat?"
Rosalie shrugged, "Dunno. There's a lot of puny tributes this year, killing them will be as easy as pie. Especially those two," she jutted out a thumb towards Daphne and Shay to her left, her expression smug and oozing with confidence. Shay raised her eyebrows and Daphne shook her head in disbelief.
"Well, that was rude," Phillip interrupted from a few seats down, annoyance in his tone, "You do realize how douchy you sound right now, right?"
"Oh shut it, Gilbert," Rosalie drawled.
Phillip raised his eyebrows in disbelief at Rosalie, his expression one of distaste. "Don't you ever get tired of dragging other people down?"
"Nah, not really,"
"Okay, okay, that's enough," Jakub interrupted. "Let's move onto Tim!"

Tim smiled awkwardly at Jakub as his name was called out, scratching behind his ear.
"So Tim, do you have any family back home? Anyone you're trying to get back to?"
"Yea," Tim mumbled, "My mum and my little sister."
"Ah, ok," Jakub nodded his head, "Tell me a little more about them."
"Well, mum is an apothecary and she looks after people who can't really afford a proper doctor. My little sister is 5 years old, her name's Tayla. That's really it, I guess."
"Ah, alrighty," Jakub nodded, "How far will you go to win?"
"I really don't know, I guess I'd kill, but it's not gonna be something I plan ahead, ya know? It's a split second decision."
"Okay, okay," Jakub smiled, "Now onto Phillip!"

Phillip nodded at Jakub, however he didn't say hello to him like the other tributes had.
"So Phillip, go back to the reaping for us," Jakub said, "What were you thinking? Feeling?"
"Pretty frikkin terrified, if I'm honest with ya," Phillip answered, "I had no idea what was going on."
"Speaking of, what exactly was going on with you during the reaping? You looked super confused, plus the clothes you were wearing looked a bit off."
"Ever heard of amnesia?" Phillip said sharply, almost snappily, "I can barely remember a thing from before I woke up in the District, what kinda question is that?"
"Well, I just thought-"
"You thought? That's a first." And before another word was exchanged, Phillip rose from his chair, turned and left the stage.

"Well then," Jakub said, trying to keep the ball rolling, "Our final tribute is Will!"
Will nodded and smiled politely at Jakub.
"So will, you got a girlfriend back home? Perhaps some competition for Renee and Max?"
Will chuckled under his breath, then shook his head, "Nah, I don't."
"Why ever not? You're a handsome boy!"
"I guess I've just never been interested in having a girlfriend," Will shrugged. Jakub nodded.
"Alright, well-" the buzzer rang loudly, interrupting Jakub. He laughed merrily and stood up, facing the camera.

"That was District 10, people! Don't go anywhere, District 11 is up next!"