District 6 Interviews

Universal POV

“Welcome, Panem, to the District 6 interviews! I am your host, Jakub Jollyman!”

The crowd roared in delight as Jakub talked excitedly to the audience, a grin stretched across his botoxed face.

“Now, without further ado, let’s welcome Iris Bush, Hope Surrey, Ali Richardson, Trevor Black, Cedric Ramos and Fred Griffith!”

The crowd screamed and clapped as the six tributes walked onstage, smiling and waving. Iris wore a slimming black dress which accentuated her thin frame, and her brown hair was pulled up into a bun. Hope’s brown-blonde hair was curled and framed her face, and she wore a cream coloured dress with a green sash. Ali had her short blonde hair in waves, and her fringe had been swept to the side. She wore a silver and blue dress which seemed to shimmer as she walked. Trevor had on a short sleeved collared shirt, and jeans. Cedric wore a tight fitting tuxedo, and Fred wore a slightly too large blue vest and matching navy pants. The 6 tribute sat down, and then the interviews began.

“Alright, Iris, let’s start with you.” Jakub grinned. Iris nodded politely, and tucked a spare bit of hair behind her ear.

“Is coming last in the District rankings disheartening at all?” Jakub asked, leaning forward slightly. Iris shrugged.

“Kinda, I mean, no one who came last in the ranks survived in the last games. I have hope, though.” Iris replied.

“Well, that’s good. Think of the positives, right?”

Iris nodded again. “Yea, I don’t really see the point in stressing over something you have no control over. I already know that I’m going to die; I might as well enjoy my last few days here in the capitol. I mean seriously, where could there be a better place to be basically lined up for slaughter?” No one in the audience was really sure if what she said was a joke or not, but they still laughed anyway, albeit a little nervously.

“Alright, onto Hope!” Jakub smiled. Hope smiled and nodded her head at Jakub, her mouth open in a grin.

“What will be your strategy to make it to the Ultimate Games?”

“Uhh…” Hope tapped her foot on the ground as she thought. “I don’t really know. Not dying would be good.”

The crowd laughed at Hope’s response, and she grinned in return.

“Do you have anyone your are trying to return home to?”

Hope went slightly still, and gave a small nod. Her lower lip trembled slightly. “M-My dad. He’s sick and… I need to get back to him.”

“At the reaping, you told someone called Riley to look after your dad. Who is Riley?”