Opening Ceremonies

Universal POV

The crowd roared to life as the first of the chariots rolled through, the winner of the last games. Rosalyn Flint. She wore a long white gown, with the number seven embroidered onto her shoulder. She wore the crown that President Murphy gave her when he crowned the victor, and she held her victory weapon, her axe. She held it up in the air and screamed out at the crowd, a huge grin across her face. The crowd roared in delight as her chariot began to lap the town square.

The next chariot to appear was the District 5 male chariot. The boys were all wearing silver suits, and they had metal gears attached to the front of their suit, which were turning slowly. They waved to the crowd and smiled brightly. Marc, Travis and Toby stood directly next to each other, and the gears suddenly began to turn together, as if it was part of some machine. The crowd cheered wildly.

Next came the District 5 female chariot. The girls all wore long silvery dresses which sparkled and zapped like electricity, and they had on huge silver headpieces which represented that of a metal gear. Dianna grinned and waved to the crowd, a cheeky grin on her face. Gabriella twirled in the middle of the chariot, and her dress flowed out around her, electricity zapping all around the hem. Adele smiled politely out to the crowd, waving slightly, but other than that she wasn’t showing much emotion. The crowd still cheered anyway, hollering and throwing flowers.

Next was the District 6 male chariot. Trevor, Cedric and Fred all wore pirate outfits. Not very original, but the District 6 stylist wasn’t known for their creativity. Trevor had a fake parrot on his shoulder, Cedric was looking through a telescope out at the crowd, and Fred was standing at the front of the chariot, grinning and waving. Their chariot began to lap the square as the next chariot appeared.

The District 6 female chariot rolled through the gates. Like the district 6 males, their costume wasn’t very original either. They were dressed up as very stylish stewardesses, and waved and grinned to the crowd. Each wore a different colour uniform. Iris wore red, Ali wore blue, and Hope wore black. Their chariot began to loop the city centre as the next chariot appeared.

Now the District 7 male chariot appeared. Thomas, Mike and Nick all wore tree like outfits but, unlike previous years, the trees continued to grow. Different fruits and flowers grew on each of the trees. Thomas had apples, Mike had oranges, and Nick had sunflowers, even though sunflowers didn’t usually grow on trees. They waved to the crowd cheerily, and the crowd screamed wildly.

The District 7 female chariot was the next to appear. Summer, Acacia and Harriet all wore long beautiful dresses. Summer wore red, Acacia wore pink, and Harriet wore a soft yellow. Suddenly, their dresses began to sprout flowers, more specifically, roses. In about 10 or so seconds, their entire dress was covered with beautiful flowers, which were the same colour as their dress. The crowd roared and screamed, and Acacia smiled whilst Summer began to giggle.

Next came the District 8 males. They wore bright clothing, made roughly out of patches of different materials. Each of them wore different colours. Simon wore pink and blue, Eddie wore green and orange, and Alejandro wore a soft yellow and violet. The outfits looked very quirky and odd, although the stylist had somehow managed to make it seem fashionable. The boys grinned and waved, and the crowd roared happily.

Lastly was the District 8 female chariot. Pretty similar to the male chariot, the stylist wasn’t very creative. The only difference was that the girls wore long skirts and a shirt, made out of several different colours and fabrics. The girls matched the boy chariot almost exactly. Xenia wore yellow and violet, the same as her twin. Yasmine wore green and orange, the same as Eddie, and Kaylee wore pink and blue, mirroring Simon’s costume.

The chariot all stopped in a line. The president introduced each tribute, then the chariots rolled into the building and the doors slammed shut behind them.