District 12 Interviews

Universal POV

"Hello, Panem, and welcome back to the final interviews! These are the last tributes to grace this stage before the Ultimate Games, and we hope you love them just as much as we do! Put your hands together for District 12!"

The crowd roared and cheered as the six tributes walked onstage. Beth had her hair in a plait and she wore a pretty yellow and orange gown. Santana's dark hair had been pulled back into braid that weaved into a bun atop her head, and she wore a strapless, forest green dress with frills. Camille's short hair had been curled into loose ringlets, and she wore a pretty white and gold bodycon dress along with golden jewelry. Jeffrey wore a navy tuxedo with his hair styled into waves. Eric had on a long, white coat along with a white tuxedo, he was almost blinding to look at. Rudy had on a black dress shirt with jeans, and his hair had been styled fashionably into waves. The six tributes sat down, and the interviews began.

"So let's start with Beth!" Jakub shouted. Beth twitched and rolled her shoulders back, mumbling something under her breath.
"So Beth, everyone in the Capitol has noticed your rather... odd... behavior. Care to shed some light?"
"My sister died." Beth stammered out, "I found her hanging on the washingline, gutted like a fish, her organs were on the ground below her and I just-" she stopped and sobbed, gripping her hair and tugging little pieces of it out of the braid, "I've never been able to forget that. And I've always had this guilty feeling but I don't know why but-" Beth took a shuddering breath in and shut her eyes. "STOP IT!" she roared suddenly.
"Beth?" Jakub asked nervously.
"STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!" Beth screeched, "IT WASN'T ME, I DIDN'T DO IT!"
"Beth, honey-" Jakub began, reaching out towards the girl. Beth recoiled and wailed, her eyes wide and twitching.
"DON'T YOU FUCKING COME NEAR ME!" she screamed. And with a final screech proclaiming her innocence, Beth wailed and stumbled offstage, leaving the other five tributes in a state of shock.

"Well then..." Jakub uttered quietly. "Uhh, Santana! Hi!"
"Hi, Jakub!" Santana said perkily.
"So, uh, 3rd huh? That's impressive. Care to tell us what you did to earn such a score?"
Santana shot the audience a coy smile, "It's a private training session for a reason," she chirped. Jakub laughed.
"Ah, I see. Being secretive, hmm?"
"It's what I do best," Santana smiled.
"So, do you have any skills with weapons?" Jakub asked, "Is that what managed to get you a high score?"
Santana shrugged, "I'm alright with throwing knives."
"Being rather humble, don't you think?" Jakub teased, "Alrighty, let's move onto Camille!"

Camille nodded, acknowledging the interviewer.
"So Camille," Jakub began, "I don't think I can do an interview with you and NOT ask this - what was it like living outside the district? And why did you leave in the first place?"
"It was something else," Camille murmured, "We didn't have much food or shelter, and even though at the orphanage those things were pretty crappy, we at least had some. We found a bunker in the forest - I'm fairly sure it was an old rebel base from the First Rebellion - and ended up staying there for the next year."
"Interesting... but why did you leave in the first place?"
"Well, the people working at the orphanage were shitheads, they hated every single kid that turned up at their doorstep. About 1 in 10 of the workers actually somewhat cared about us, which was pretty sad. Eventually, we just got up and left. Had to survive in the wild with just our wits, we had no belongings. But at least we had a place to ourselves, right?" The last sentence was said rather snappily, although Jakub didn't seem to notice.
"So it was good, being out in the wild?" Jakub asked.
"It was fabulous," Camille drawled sarcastically.
"Sounds like it was!" Jakub screamed.
Camille narrowed her eyes, and stared Jakub down for a good few moments. Then, she shook her head and snorted.
"Oh, sweetie, did no one ever teach you sarcasm?" she simpered condescendingly.
"Alrighty then, onto Jeffrey!" Jakub interrupted loudly, attempting to save himself from being sassed by Camille.

"Heya, Jakub!" Jeffrey said, obviously trying to remain in the interviewers good books.
"So Jeffrey, what do you think will be your biggest strength in the arena?"
"Eh, dunno," Jeffrey shrugged, "I'm not a very strong competitor. I don't think I'll make it to the Ultimate Games."
"Don't be so negative!" Jakub joked, "Alright, lets take another approach. How far will you go to win this?"
"I'll kill, probably," Jeffrey said nonchalantly, "I'll probably feel guilty afterwards but, I mean, this is the Hunger Games. Life or death."
"True true. Let's move onto Eric!"

"Hi," Eric said plainly.
"So Eric, whats the deal with your alliance? We heard you guys split?"
"Yea," Eric said defensively, "Because the idiot sitting to my right wanted to ditch the other ally and leave her at the bloodbath."
"Um," Jeffrey retaliated quickly, "You know full well that she will slow us down, Eric. I'm trying to do you a favour."
"Well, I don't appreciate it," Eric snapped, "I'm not ditching Caitlin."
"Why not? Oh, let me guess - you fancy her. Eh?"
Eric stood up abruptly from his chair and whirled on Jeffrey, his eyes aflame. "If you don't shut up then I swear to fucking god I will-"
"Gentlemen, please!" Jakub interjected quickly. Eric sat back down, grumbling under his breath and glaring daggers at his former ally.

"Okay, erm, let's move onto our final tribute. Rudy, hello!"
"Hi, Jakub," Rudy said softly. He sounded exhausted.
"So, what exactly happened to get you sent here? I mean, killing a peacekeeper? Man, that's harsh."
"He killed my FUCKING SISTER!" Rudy shouted, "I'm not the villain here. Peacekeepers kill innocent people every freaking day!"
"They are doing their job, they have good reason-"
Letting those words spill out of his mouth was one of the biggest mistakes Jakub had let himself make on that stage.
Rudy immediately leapt to his feet, his face one of rage.
"DON'T YOU FUCKING LIE!" he roared, "THEY HAVE NO GOOD REASON! NO GOOD REASON TO KILL AN INNOCENT, NINE YEAR OLD KID, SCARED OUT OF HER FUCKING WITS WHEN THEY AIM A GUN AT HER HEAD! NO KID SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH THAT SHIT, IT'S FUCKED UP. JUST LIKE PANEM!" And with an angry hand gesture towards the camera, Rudy stomped offstage. Camille leapt from her seat and ran after him, calling out his name.

"Well..." Jakub murmured. The remaining three tributes sat in an awkward silence until the buzzer finally drew their misery to a close. Jakub quickly ushered the tributes offstage, then shakily turned to the camera.
"Well, that's it for the interviews! In just one day these tributes will be saying goodbye and will be heading into the arena. Say your farewells now, Panem, 16 of them won't be returning. Until next time I am Jakub Jollyman, and those were the interviews!"